Here is how my day ended!!!!

murankar

Staff member
Well it could have been worse than this. Did not even make it through the 5th battery for the day. Man this sucked I was so wanting to get the 6th battery in.

[video=youtube_share;CbDKeRn-5DU]http://youtu.be/CbDKeRn-5DU[/video]

murankar

Staff member
A lot worse. When it went to auto it was like I could almost feel the power loss. I had tried it a few time in the sim but I don't know the right way to do it yet. And thank god it was not that far off the ground. Just did a bit of new thread locker and resecured the motor the right way. The last time I failed to check the play in the main gear before securing the motor. This time I checked it before finishing. Tomorrow is a new day and I hope to do more moving around in a set pattern. Now it's getting fun.

Tony

Staff member
To do an auto, first of all you need to be a LOT higher lmao. But you will flip the throttle hold and give just a little negative pitch to keep the blades spinning while you are coming down. Once you start getting close to the ground, apply positive pitch to slow the decent until it just settles nice and smooth. It's harder than it sounds lol.

murankar

Staff member
I was thinking positive pitch on the way down, try to maintain lift while coming down. I guess you would need the speed to generate the lift just prior to landing. Basically use the standard mode (fun switch off) and bring the collective all the way down, I have your tx set up. Then just before landing give it 60% throttle for the pitch.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
The issue that caused this was improper gear mesh, i think. It caused the motor to work harder thus causing excessive heat in the motor which in turn caused the thread locker to fail. Just my guess.

Lee

It looked like a perfect low altitude auto. Its the best way to practice them. Just cut the throttle before landing and auto the last 2 ft. Well done on not freaking out.

murankar

Staff member
Thanks, I kinda knew it was going to happen by the sound. I guess if your new and you don't expect it, it could freak you out. All I did was maintained positive pitch till it landed. For once I did not cut the throttle.

It does appear that I landed hard but really it was not that hard.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That sucks man!!!

Guess what happened to mine this morning.

Was tuning the gyro.... And it got really stable. And I up-Ed the servo frame rate in my gyro...
Forgot that I had digitalis and hadn't changed that option from analog to digital. :/

And I got a phone call, was standing there for a bit with my heli on, And then I spool up.. Abd heli doesn't pick up...

The one plastic servi I had , melted its gear and stripped itself. :/ I remembered what had happened! And I was just so disappointed in myself ..
It's like I am a genius for disaster. Lol

Adam

great job Uri. It is alot of fun when we get to this point. The last 4 months of getting to this point was a learning curve and a headache for me but fun at the same time. But in this hobby there is always something new to learn and thats why we do it. 6 batteries ha that is good i only go out with two cause that is all i have but i fly when i can.

murankar

Staff member
Its been fun. I only have 3 batteries, I have to take breaks in between charges. It sucks but at least I get 15 minute of flight tracker time

Top Bottom