Is this camera worth the investment?

bigone5500

My SJ6 Legend has a busted screen and I would really like the upgrade to 4K/60fps. But bthe price is a little more than I like. The one I would like to have is the Sj10 Pro.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
No way. You can do the same or1610028101179.png better. Example 1610028101179.png1610028101179.png

Attachments

• 1610028038314.png
    1610028038314.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 0

bigone5500

That one only does 4k at 24fps. Which really isn't that big of a deal seeing the price difference is so great. I may try this one and if I don't like it send it back.

Tony

Staff member
For less than that SJ10, you cna get something like the GoPro Hero 7 or even 8 if you find them on sale. $250 for a clone camera is pretty expensive.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
For less than that SJ10, you cna get something like the GoPro Hero 7 or even 8 if you find them on sale. $250 for a clone camera is pretty expensive.
I seen a go pro 8 for $170.00 if you want to pay that much.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I have been looking at getting a good action cam to test for live streams so when I saw the price of that sjcam, it set off alarm bells lol. And you know the lens and sensors are going to be better in the gopro.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I've been looking around for the weight of a go pro and DJI osmo but no luck. I know the weight is a big factor when it comes to a action camera being mounted on a quads. Lighter will be faster. These go pro 7/8/9? must have some weight for the size? Anyway, the action camera I'm using is weighting in @ 49g/with battery which they say is the lightest FPV action camera. It's also slim compare to the go pro which is in an upright position.

Tony

Staff member
I can definitely see paying a little more (if you did) for a micro camera to mount to a quad to get us some awesome flight videos! lol.

bigone5500

GoPro Hero 8 weighs 126g. That's lighter than my SJCAM SJ6 Legend at 142g. Of course the gopro doesn't require the enclosure to be mounted. It has flip out tabs underneath. My sjcam needs the bulky enclosure.

bigone5500

I can definitely see paying a little more (if you did) for a micro camera to mount to a quad to get us some awesome flight videos! lol.

As far as the flight videos go...I need to get a little better at flying before I post any more. I am a little better than I was with my other videos but nowhere near what I would like to be.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
GoPro Hero 8 weighs 126g. That's lighter than my SJCAM SJ6 Legend at 142g. Of course the gopro doesn't require the enclosure to be mounted. It has flip out tabs underneath. My sjcam needs the bulky enclosure.

Yeah see. 126g for a go-pro vs 49g for a runcam is a big difference in weight for a quad. Runcam has a action camera, like the one I use, in 4K now for $100.00 which I'm interested in getting one :).

bigone5500

I really don't want to spend a bunch on an action camera but that gopro is just looking too good. If I decide on it then that will have to wait till income tax returns have been issued. Of course I need to purchase a nice FPV camera for my wife and put it on my frame!!!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I really don't want to spend a bunch on an action camera but that gopro is just looking too good. If I decide on it then that will have to wait till income tax returns have been issued. Of course I need to purchase a nice FPV camera for my wife and put it on my frame!!!
I understand. The go-pro is over rated, my thoughts, so is their prices. I had that runcam camera for awhile now. With all the woods flying I do, trust me, that camera is indestructible. It has bounce of trees, buildings, swings, ground, grand stands and so on... LMAO and keeps working.

bigone5500

This camera is cheaper and the comparison to the SJ10 Pro is not much different according to the video I watched. From what I can see from watching various 'comparison' videos on these action cameras, you will either have to deal with saturation issues or low light in shadows. Most of these cameras can handle the stabilization pretty well but in my opinion you can get decent quality without paying premium price. ...to note, this camera doesn't have 4K/60 capability which I really want.

Amazon product

Top Bottom