Learn How To Fly W/ The Rc-help Trainer. Build & Fly Guide

Tony

Staff member
As for the servos, are you saying that they are twitching all the time, or just when the motor is full throttle?

For the motor, it sounds like you need to set the endpoints in the ESC so it knows where your high and low throttle is set at. Below is a link to the manual and on page 3, this should be how you set it. You can also turn the brake on or off depending on what you want. With a plane, I turn the brake on.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/gpm/gpmm1800-1841-manual-v1_2.pdf

And yes, you are going to want to run a 3s pack on this plane. It was designed to run a 2200mah 3s pack, and I would suggest at least a 35c just to be safe.

Bob G

Found the problem. Pulled all the electronics out and started over just to find when I changed position of RX I plugged the leads in backwards. It's usually something simple, right? Bird did fly good but very short with 2S. Time to upgrade. Thanks for your devoted service sir.

tarun

hi tony,
I wanna know how much is the thickness of the foam board which you used to make the trainer plane? and do we have to cut the plan from the red line or from the point where the black line ends. I have downloaded the trainer V1 plan.

vijaysk

Hi Tony
I am new to this. I am trying to build my first flight using your videos. It Was great and easy. First i want to Thank you for the videos. Need to know about the electronic. I read all the comments and its so confusing. I have listed my understanding below, please correct me if i am wrong.

Servo - 4 X TowerPro SG90 Mini Gear Micro 9g Analog Servo Sale - Banggood.com
Motor - DYS D2830 2830 750KV 850KV 1000KV 1300KV Brushless Motor Sale - Banggood.com
Radio transmitter and Receicer - Flysky FS T6 2 4GHz 6CH Mode 2 Transmitter w Receiver R6 B for RC Multi US | eBay
Esc - Hobbywing SkyWalker 40A Brushless ESC Speed Controller With UBEC - US$12.90

Tony

Staff member
hi tony,
I wanna know how much is the thickness of the foam board which you used to make the trainer plane? and do we have to cut the plan from the red line or from the point where the black line ends. I have downloaded the trainer V1 plan.

Plans will be cut on the red line and taped together.

Hi Tony
I am new to this. I am trying to build my first flight using your videos. It Was great and easy. First i want to Thank you for the videos. Need to know about the electronic. I read all the comments and its so confusing. I have listed my understanding below, please correct me if i am wrong.

Servo - 4 X TowerPro SG90 Mini Gear Micro 9g Analog Servo Sale - Banggood.com
Motor - DYS D2830 2830 750KV 850KV 1000KV 1300KV Brushless Motor Sale - Banggood.com
Radio transmitter and Receicer - Flysky FS T6 2 4GHz 6CH Mode 2 Transmitter w Receiver R6 B for RC Multi US | eBay
Esc - Hobbywing SkyWalker 40A Brushless ESC Speed Controller With UBEC - US$12.90

all of that looks like it will work well on this plane. Get the 1000kv motor and put a 10x7 prop on it.

Tony

Staff member
Not if you have 6 or more channels. With more than 6 channels you can program each aileron independently.

vijaysk

Re: Article: Learn How To Fly w/ The Rc-Help Trainer. Build & Fly Guide

Hi Tony

I want to know what type of connector will be good with the esc to connect motor and battery. Can you post a link or image ?

- - - Updated - - -

This is Motor, Esc and battery

thumb_IMG_3066_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_3066_1024.jpg

RandyDSok

Most motors already come with bullet connectors attached... the male portion already soldered to the motor wires and the female portion is either loose in the box/bag or slipped onto the end of the male connectors. They are also the lowest loss connector you can probably use beyond just soldering the wires directly.

Derek

That was really good buddy! I've flown each of the previous versions of the RCH Trainer and it's just a perfect plane to start with. Fantastic pictures and great video! Really well done!!!

Tony

Staff member
I feel fantastic each time I see one of these planes in the air. I did notice that you had the V1. I'm trying to get the time to shoot the V3 videos so that it's easier to build. Not even sure if I remember how to build it lol. It's been a while.

Fantastic flight, awesome landing and congrats on getting in the air!

Derek

I feel fantastic each time I see one of these planes in the air. I did notice that you had the V1. I'm trying to get the time to shoot the V3 videos so that it's easier to build. Not even sure if I remember how to build it lol. It's been a while.

Fantastic flight, awesome landing and congrats on getting in the air!

To Tony....I think you should feel fantastic each time you see a new builder with an RCH Trainer in the air. It's a fantastic success story that began with RCH. Just awesome!

To vijaysk...I wish you the absolute best of luck with each of your future flights with this plane!!!

riad

hi tony,

can you please tell me how much mm is the foamboard. and whats the difference between foamboad and depron.

thank you very much for your help.

Top Bottom