Long Forum, Or Short Forum?

KLA

Hey Tony, like the forum the way it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right? The new format is pretty nice. The only thing that I don't like is now that there aren't any signatures at the bottom of everyone's posts we don't know a lot of the members names. That was one thing that I liked on this forum more than the other forums, RCH was more personalized. Some of the members, we know their names, but a lot of them we dont. Especially the newer members. Not necessarily saying to bring back the full signatures, but somehow have the members names at the bottom of the posts, at least for the members that don't mind giving their personal name.
Some members, like you or Gena, we know their names cause that's what you guys put for your "nicknames", but for members that didn't start out that way, we don't know who they are. Most people don't know that my name is Keith, or DOG's name is Ivan, or Smoggie's name is Steve, and so on. That's the one thing I wish we could bring back.

RandyDSok

Hey Tony, like the forum the way it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right? The new format is pretty nice. The only thing that I don't like is now that there aren't any signatures at the bottom of everyone's posts we don't know a lot of the members names. That was one thing that I liked on this forum more than the other forums, RCH was more personalized. Some of the members, we know their names, but a lot of them we dont. Especially the newer members. Not necessarily saying to bring back the full signatures, but somehow have the members names at the bottom of the posts, at least for the members that don't mind giving their personal name.
Some members, like you or Gena, we know their names cause that's what you guys put for your "nicknames", but for members that didn't start out that way, we don't know who they are. Most people don't know that my name is Keith, or DOG's name is Ivan, or Smoggie's name is Steve, and so on. That's the one thing I wish we could bring back.

Keith.... if you aren't seeing the signatures, go into your account settings and look in preferences... put a checkmark in the option to show signatures.

Sweetfrost

I like it as it is now. But i find it a little hard to read the because of the grey design .. can i change it to other colors?

KLA

Keith.... if you aren't seeing the signatures, go into your account settings and look in preferences... put a checkmark in the option to show signatures.

I have the box to show signatures checked as you can see in this first screenshot, and in the second screenshot you can see that there are no signatures at the bottom of the posts.

Screenshot_2017-02-22-10-29-41.pngScreenshot_2017-02-22-10-29-18.png

RandyDSok

I have the box to show signatures checked as you can see in this first screenshot, and in the second screenshot you can see that there are no signatures at the bottom of the posts.

You didn't mention you were using a mobile device... so I assumed you were using a standard computer .... ( as any sane person should... LMAO )

First step... make certain you have your browser set to "request desktop site" or whatever wording that your browser uses for that setting.... that wording was from an Android running the Chrome browser....

Next... turn the device horizontal ( landscape mode ) and look again... my sig should be a good example since I used some colored fonts when I set up my sig so they stand up better than the darker gray... in portrait mode the sigs go away automatically since there is limited horizontal space... it saves a little bit of scrolling that way.

KLA

Ya know I never even thought about turning my phone sideways. But, when I do turn it sideways all of the signatures show up. Imagine that!!! Thanks a bunch, Randy. Appreciate the info.

RandyDSok

Guess it's time for PSA ( public service announcement ).... LMAO

Cell pic orientation.jpg

Since I take a lot of pics ( usually with my camera and not my phone though )... I always get a kick out of that meme :)

Tony

Staff member
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right?
Yea, but if it can be upgraded, break it! lmao. That is the motto I use with my cars anyway lmao.

I like it as it is now. But i find it a little hard to read the because of the grey design .. can i change it to other colors?
At this time there is only one theme. Keeping up with two themes with all of the changes we are doing would give me twice as much work. Once everything settles down, I may see if I can come up with a quick white background theme for those that have a hard time with the dark theme. Doing it after I get everything done in here would allow all of the modifications to transfer over to the new theme, thus saving me a lot of work.

Derek

I'm not sure that I prefer a long or short forum. I've been a member of this forum for years and I can't say that I've ever had a problem navigating.

Slobberdog

My feeling is its long enough as it is now, any longer and it will be messy and you will find that some added folders will only get used once in a blue moon,

sneezy007

The condensed version is fine with me as well.
BTW thanks for all your hard work with the website, it looks awesome.

Cheers :banana:

halftank25

Hi Tony
I would like the longer forums where you discuss about a particular individual RC component . Ikon, Spartan, Spektrum Dx8, Futaba, Blade, Align examples
Thank you for all your hard work for making this a great site!!!
Halftank

Top Bottom