May Day May Day bird down....

cml001

Wow that really sucks.. How long ago did u place the order? Yeah, tell us who... Don't want anyone else get'n the shaft! I will say this.. My ikon came open box... Grand RC.. I'll never place another order with them... Got a sarcastic email response when I complained about it.. It looked as tho it was a customer return.. But it didn't have a scratch.. All the stuff was in it.. I think it's the newer reverse polarity model but I don know how to tell... Hope u get some good news on it!

Slobberdog

Treff at least you have a come back with PayPal if it goes over a certain time you can open a dispute then PayPal will get it sorted,

Slobberdog

Yeah baby, all my bits are in for me to have a flying machine again, the blue Align blades look sexy, sweet colour, hope they perform well,

So the rebuild will be later tonight when I have got home from work,

So guys can you tell me the best method for getting the ikon gyro tape of the backing in one peice as I failed miserably last time that is why I went for the Align tape,

cml001

I used my exacto to peel a small piece to grab on... Use my fingers to hold on the gel and pulled it off.. Went fine for me.. I doubled it.. Came with 2 pieces so I stuck them together then applied to to gyro, then to the mount.

Slobberdog

Well she's all back together, and ready for a test flight, got the Ikon gel pad fitted this time so one is a happy camper,

Well here is a couple of pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thought you would like to look at a nice close up of the blue carbon blades, I love the colour of these its so bling, lol

Set my self level on the bench and tested until I got no movement in the swash, just hope its good in the air, testing to follow when Mother Nature permits, as it's gone very windy with a wet front coming in tomorrow morning, and not looking good for a few days,

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Well I managed to get a few seconds in the air, well probably 60 seconds, the gyro itself is rock solid, and feels amazing but I do need to get it in the air tidy and test the higher rates I put in for tail piro, and test the self level and poss trim that out,

On a positive side the blue blades feel no different to me than the blacks they still feel responsive and climbs out crisp and well, as I said I will need to get the girl moving around a bit more to see what they are really like.

treff

Nice one Kev sounds like your going to enjoy that Brain unit. Is it much better than the 3GX or only a bit better would be interested to hear
your thoughts.

Slobberdog

There is no comparison, my 500 would piro well on the 3gx but it would drift, on the brain it will piro very well and has no drift,

I just pressed the beginner setting in the software and flew it and the only thing I needed to change was the tail piro speed as it was a tad slow for me, but with all other things stock it flys beautifully,

Ikon all the way Treff,

treff

No, nothing yet...................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Also waiting on Italy for Brain unit. They both say things have been posted and I am tracking them but
soon as they hit the UK they have disappeared so now I am getting worried. Nearly £400 worth of kit. I have no nails left lol.

Top Bottom