Trucks My FPV truck

Stambo

I'm getting a bit sick of the wind here so I thought I would throw my FPV gear on to my truck.
It's a Turnigy Trailblazer 1/8 (Redcat Earthquake 8e clone I believe) and it goes quite well.
I have just rebuilt the rear diff as I stripped the spider gears doing to many wheelies.
I may lock the centre diff so there is not so much shock when the front wheels hit the ground and gain traction again.
I have also broken the front suspension a few times, I guess I have to learn not to hit things.

FPV on this thing is insanely freaky, first big jump was intense.
I may record some video if anyone is interested but it's really bumpy and tends to break up a bit when you go behind things. It would be only low quality recorded from the video receiver as I am not going to risk destroying my good camera in a rollover situation.
Main thing is it's fun and gives me more goggle time while I wait for the wind to go away. :)
image.jpg

image.jpg

xokia

Very cool but I think I would stick all those electronics under the body so they dont get damaged on a roll over. My Savage flips over on it back so easy I'd smash that stuff in one outing.

Stambo

Very cool but I think I would stick all those electronics under the body so they dont get damaged on a roll over. My Savage flips over on it back so easy I'd smash that stuff in one outing.

Obviously one drives a little more sedately when doing FPV with the truck. :)

The camera is a cheapy that came with my fatshark kit as is the 100mw tx.
Both of which I no longer use on my aircraft.
I have done a few jumps and that was fun but everything is held on with velcro so in a crash, and there have been one or two, it just falls off. I have broken a whip aerial but I have a few spare so no big deal.
And did I mention it's a lot of fun. :)

Top Bottom