Quad My New MultiWii contorl Board

Tasajara

you can use any small wire, you don't have to have the ribbon, I used some 20ga.
What video do you need ?

wolfman76

The one that shows how to remove wii motion plus board remove the connectors and solder ribbon and connect it to control board

wolfman76

Yeah here are the first set of parts

ForumRunner_20121004_043637.png

Now i am just waiting on the wii motion plus's to come in an the usb connection for the control board and i will be a building just in time for the weekend too. Plus i got a good deal on a card table n 4 chairs too 20 bucks for all so now i have decent workstation instead of a tv tray lol... They are cushioned chairs too bonus!!!lol

ForumRunner_20121004_043637.png

wolfman76

Here are the wii motion plus's and the sparkfun usb connection just need to clean up the wii motion boards the i should have my first of 2 multiwii boards built

ForumRunner_20121005_105234.png

ForumRunner_20121005_105022.png

ForumRunner_20121005_105234.png

wolfman76

hey craig could you possibly post some photos of the multiwii board close up so i can get an idea of where i need to solder everything??? If you can i would greatly appreciate it cuz so far only video i have found is how to prep the wii MP+ board thnx for any help you can give i have everything but 2 esc's to get my first quad in the air... CAN'T WAIT!!!:triumphant:

Tasajara

Sorry I have not been on here sooner... I didn't get an email when someone posts to this thread...
Hope it not to late to help...

09 - MultiWii Control Board.JPG
10 - MultiWii Control Board.JPG
11 - MultiWii Control Board.JPG
Wii motion Plus connections.jpg
Wii motion Plus Pins.jpg

Make sure the soldering iron is pretty hot like 700 to 800 deg when removing the wires from the boards.
This way it will come off quicker and not heat up the board and damage it.

09 - MultiWii Control Board.JPG

10 - MultiWii Control Board.JPG

11 - MultiWii Control Board.JPG

Wii motion Plus connections.jpg

Wii motion Plus Pins.jpg

Last edited:

Tasajara

Not to sure what to think... I have heard mixed reviews about them working good.

As far as the nunchuck, you don't have to have one to have a good flying controler. It is used for auto leveling. If you think you would like the feature just add it to the board.
There will be a little more setup to do when you add the extra board.

wolfman76

Here is the first my first multiwii board

ForumRunner_20121013_210426.png hey craig does the Adrunio pro mini board already have the software installed on it or is there somewhere i need to go to download it???? And i was also wondering if it has a GPS function or ad-on

ForumRunner_20121013_210426.png

Last edited:

wolfman76

how should i know which 1 i need????
got multiwii config v1.7 downloaded but when i try to click on link to download v1.9 i get this message on the screen
The requested URL /downloads/MultiWiiConf1_9.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
any ideas on that or maybe can you send me files if you have them???? my e-mail is wolfcav92@yahoo.com

Last edited:

wolfman76

Connected multiwii board with the adrunio pro mini board this is what happened when usb was connected to computer

ForumRunner_20121021_015419.png

Here is the frame i got xrotor spider quad frame

ForumRunner_20121021_015535.png

ForumRunner_20121021_015559.png

ForumRunner_20121021_015419.png

ForumRunner_20121021_015535.png

ForumRunner_20121021_015559.png

Last edited:

wolfman76

the photo i posted of the board actually shows it is arcing at one of the soldering points i don't know why all solder joints are good. Do you have any ideas it only arcs when i connect via the usb on the computer... Oh yeah on the frame it only called for 8" front arm and 10" rear which was for use with 8" props... i made them 10" in front and 12" in rear due to my motors i have use 11" props...

Last edited:
Top Bottom