Cars My New time passer

heli-maniac

here it is just playing around after the brake in [video=youtube_share;R2bLzxKcFh4]http://youtu.be/R2bLzxKcFh4[/video]

Tony

Staff member
"YOUR IN MY WAY!!!" hahaha, classic.

I do miss the sound of thos .21 motors. Sounds like it's still just a hair fat on the top, but perfect for what you are doing. If you don't have a temp gun, buy one. Try to keep it at about 220F. If I can make this deal happen that I'm looking into, I will be getting back into the ground pounders shortly. But, that is still yet to be seen.

tires? What tires? hahaha

heli-maniac

that is the first run with the body on it so it was not getting all that clean air to the carb so ill have to lean it out a little temp wise it was running 230 ish thats not to bad HPI said to get it in the 250 range
but it is new and i want it to last a little wile lol im running 30% nitro fuel in it

i raced the 1:10 scale stadium trucks back in the mid 90s and i had a 1;8 scale thunder tiger buggy that i just played with was not a lot for those cars back then but now that seems the way to go if your going to get in to them

Tony

Staff member
30%? Wow. That is what I ran, O'Donnell 30% when I was racing at the local track. As for the suggested temp, wow. I would only run that hot in the A main when I wanted to win lol. but looks like it's a blast to play around with, I may have to look into getting one of these here soon. Nothing like an 1/8th scale buggy. I have seen them break a persons leg before. It was kinda nasty because the guy kept wiggling it lmao. Had to carry him off the track, and the car finished the race lmao.

heli-maniac

i was looking in to ordering a 4 gallon case of 30% torquo fuel for it just cant see paying the hazard shipping fee of 30.00 bucks fuel is priced really well but when you ad the shipping to it it gets a little high for my pocket
the fuel i am running it on now is 30% power master thats all Hobby Town had that i could get at the time and its a all around fuel for cars plains and helis
so i want to get a strait car fuel to get the power out of it

Tony

Staff member
yeah, plane and heli fuel doesnt' have as much oil in it since it doesn't need the airflow (it's flying in the air afterall lol). Cars are under a high load all the time and very the speeds. I would suggest either Blue Thunder, or O'Donnell fuel. Bashing, get the Thunder, Serious play, get the O'Donnell from your local track. Hobbytown is about useless when it comes to these brands sadly. But, if it's in Tower Hobbies catalog, they can order it for free.

heli-maniac

well every thing else is still working and i moved to the steering servo slot on the rx and it will not move at all so i would say it fried

heli-maniac

got the new servo in it and its back up and running the servo i got for it must be faster this thing is real snappy now and i have not changed the tune up yet but wow i really like it

Tony

Staff member
Good deal. Now you need to find a dirt track somewhere and let that thing see some air!!!

Microbus

The cars look like a lot of fun! I hope I don't start liking them too much - still overwhelmed by the helis!

Top Bottom