My New Tool I made for setting up rotor blade pitch accurately

Westy

LEGEND
Hey all ... .this is my First Vid on this Forum. Just thought I would share this new tool I designed and built to lock the flybar. Cheap to build and accurate with a better contrast view to see your pitch angle adjustments required.

Only cost a few bucks and about 30 minutes of my time.

Hope you like it.

Cheers
Westy

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Great idea and also a great way to save from buying one that is premade. Thanks for posting.

Westy

LEGEND
Glad you like it! all I did to get a template of the bolt centres .... was take off the head button and blades and get grips lined up as much as possible and used a blunt object to mark through the paper and hey presto you got your hole centres.

Originally I was going to use it as a head and grip lock to get Zero Pitch .... but that was a Fail .... Lucky I thought of something else to use it for huh? Haha

Westy

LEGEND
No PRoblem! I use it all the time for the old school builds!!!! was going to put a bubble tube in it and hot glue it .... to get perfect level everytime!

This way you can simply lock it .... and concentrate on only the blade and adjusting the linkages on hte master blade .... then matching up the slave blade length once you have your perfect degrees.

Top Bottom