General Need emergency help my rc car wont start

Robert Eriksson

Hi
BIG PROBLEMOS my rc car has problems.
I have it on factory settings and it starts but after 1 second is stops and I have no clue what so ever of what the problem is:concern:
It is a Kyosho DBX with a GXR 18 engine

HELP ME:nonchalance:

Robert Eriksson

cn63bug

First thing that comes to mind would be to check your glow plug. I used to run nitro cars several years back and that would happen to me occasionally. The plug could be weak. If the coil that is in the plug is weak, it can allow the engine to start, but won't stay hot enough for the engine to stay running. I'd try that first and go from there. Hope it helps. :)
Chris

Robert Eriksson

ok so here is the deal the car was running FINE a week ago but then the muffler got loose from the engine so i borrowd a spare part from my neighbours DST he has a traxxas now and then the car just started to be worse and worse and i have checked everything glowplug gears and what not and nothing seems to be wrong =(

cn63bug

So, are you running a different muffler on it then than what was factory? That could be an issue. If the muffler is smaller than what you had, that could create too much back pressure and cause it to die after starting.

cn63bug

OK. On the glow plug when you checked it, was it a kind of dull orange when hooked up? Or was it bright orange? I've had brand new plugs be weak or bad out of the package before. The other question I've got is you said that it will start. When it dies, is it at idle? Or is it when you start running it?

Robert Eriksson

21505b9a4327139343f61439a59761db.png picture of my glow plug found a thing i have electrical start and it has a glow igniter that goes on when i put my battery in so i tested with my glow igniter stick and then it was good in idle but when a little throttle was applied it died out i have it on factory settings WTF IS WRONG

cn63bug

It could be that you're also getting too much fuel when you hit the throttle. Check your high speed needle to see its vibrated to more where its running more open. You're low speed handles your idle fine, but if your high speed is open too much, when you hit the throttle, it would flood the engine and kill it. Something to check anyway :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is your glow igniter fully charged in the picture?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You have to change out the plug! I'll bet that's your problem! I go thru the same thing with my traxxas. When the plug gets week it will start but soon has you give her gas she quits!

Top Bottom