Need Help with new Dx6i

joe connick

Hey Gang I just joined after watching your video's on youtube. It was like taking classes excellent job. On my TX how do I get my rudder to be like a three channel. It's for my ParkZone Radian. And on the 4 channels my rudder set up is on the left with throttle. I really need y'all to walk me through this Radio. I had a DXM5 but it was stolen with my video camera's and other plane stuff. I am stepping on to new territory and need y'alls help. Thanks for any help...Y'all's new Cajun member....Joe Connick

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the site joe. As for your question, my suggestion is to get a sim, and learn the Mode 2 setup. All other helicopters out there will be this way, and you will learn the 3ch is for play, and the 4+ are for fun lol.

but, if you are dead set on doing a 3ch setup, you just put the rudder on the aileron plug on the Rx. You can also use the Mix menu if you want to mix the rudder and aileron together. Hope this answers your question.

Lee

The parkzone radian is a powered glider right? plug elev into elev and rudder into aileron so you have the controls on right stick then throttle on the left

joe connick

Mr. Lee I had thought about that so you confirmed what I was about to do, thanks for you response and I'll probably need to lean on you again in the future. Thanks Joe Connick

Hey Joe
Have to say welcome to the awsum family here(haha).You have picked the greastest forum site for help on the web.The people here are the nicest, honest, and smartest people then most forums.I can say if you have a question about anything Rc i can promise you that they know 98% about everything when it comes to RC'S

RandyDSok

Joe,

I'm with Tony on suggesting that you keep the rudder on the left stick along with the throttle instead of moving it over to the right stick.

As Tony mentioned, 4ch heli's are setup with the rudder on the left stick ( on a Mode 2 transmitter )... but he didn't mention that 4ch airplanes also have their rudder on the very same stick. By leaving the rudder in it's normal channel... you won't have to relearn how to fly when you move on up to a 4ch setup.... You will already have learned the proper muscle memory for the rudder that you will use for the more advanced models.

Lee

I have a Funjet which is just bank and yank (aileron/elevator) all on the right stick no rudder. I also have a DR1 Fokker scratch build with rudder and elev only. I put those on the right stick too and just treat it the same Bank and Yank. On my Yak 54 and 6ch helis i have the rudder and throttle together as normal and i don't even bat an eyelid changing from one to the other. Each to there own, no wrong or right way, but i love the bank and yank controls :D

joe connick

Thanks Big Guy, I see what you say and I'm in agreement, last thing i need to do is confuse myself.....Still Learning....Your Bud Joe

Top Bottom