New "Docked" Header

Do You Like The New Docked Nav Bar?

• Yes, We No Longer Have To Scroll Up!

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Not Sure (Post Your Reason In This Thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony

Staff member
Been playing with some custom code today and I have decided to dock the header. Now, when you scroll, the header will stay right where you see it when you are at the top of a page. This is a lot like most of the large social networking sites use.

I am working on an auto hide feature, but it's proving to be a little harder than I thought. Lot of custom code to get that to work. But I will get it to work someday.

The only issue I have found so far is when you are on a mobile device and you zoom into the page. The links get a little jumbled up. I'm trying to find a fix for this but don't think there is one.

Let me know what you think about the new header.

Tony

Staff member
The other issue I have found is when you click on a link, you have to scroll up a bit (about 160 pixels) to see the content. I'm working on this too.

heli-maniac

Getting this at the top of the page

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$', expecting '&' or variable (T_VARIABLE) in /home/rchelp/public_html/includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 21

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I was trying to add a custom hook to make the header roll up when you scroll down. Something went wrong with the syntax. I'm still working on it, but I have removed that bit of code so that error is gone and no more white flashing page lol.

Tony

Staff member
Redid the code and now it's just the navbar that docks. I'm still working on it to get it looking a little better, but it's coming along. What do you think about the docked navbar?

murankar

Staff member
Like it, right now things are looking a little messy. Not sure if the code is broke or just complete.

rch-screenshot.jpg

rch-screenshot.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Have a look at it now. I still need to work on some custom code after you scroll. The bottom links have no background, but if I put one in there, it overrides the look when you are all the way up. lol. One of those can't win situations.

Tony

Staff member
That was the whole idea. And with getting rid of the logo when you scroll, it doesn't block as much.

I am going to add some more code in the future. I would like it to hide when you scroll down, but appear when you scroll up. But, that is a combination of html, jquery and CSS all working together. Huge pain! lol.

Tony

Staff member
I have added a poll to this thread. Please everyone vote in this poll and let me know what you think. If you don't like it or are not sure, please post your concerns here. The more information we get, the better the site will be.

Tony

Staff member
It took a long time to get it just the way I wanted it. It's still not perfect, but it's pretty darn close lol.

Tony

Staff member
Am I the only one that keeps scrolling all the way to the top to refresh the page or click on a link in the navbar? lmao. Old habits. hahaha

Tony

Staff member
It's good until you zoom in. I have not figured out a way to fix this yet but I'm working on it.

Top Bottom