New Member from Maine

Dodge DeBoulet

I've already made a couple of posts elsewhere on this site, but I've been told I need to get over to this forum to introduce myself.

I've been interested in RC for some time now, but it never reached the tipping point where I'd actually go out and spend money on it. :D

My lovely wife bought me a Blade 120 SR for Christmas, and it's triggered something in me that makes me think I'll be spending a LOT of money on this hobby henceforth. Since the acquisition of the 120 SR, I've ordered an EXI 450 Pro and associated tools, supplies and electronics needed to get it in the air, and a used EXI 450 Sport airframe (we'll see how the Pro goes first). I've also obtained both a Spektrum DX7S and a DX8 radio; I was planning on selling the DX7S but now think I'll hang onto it as a buddy box.

Having gained reasonable proficiency with the 120 SR, I'm nonetheless anxious about flying a much larger CP heli. I still have a while to get used to the idea, though, since most of the electronics only left Hong Kong less than a week ago.

I'm also interested in sailing, plate/silhouette competitive pistol shooting, technology/gadgets and am an avid reader. With regard to my RC interests, I'm also a member over at Helifreak and RC Groups.

Glad to be here, and looking forward to learning a lot!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like you have yourself a nice collection there, and two great Tx's. Welcome to the forum.

Lee

Welcome. The 450 isn't that hard if you take your time and use training gear. In some ways its much easier than the 120SR

Lee

LOL My first heli was the 450. Then later i got an MSR. Slightly backwards way of doing things :D

murankar

Staff member
I went from the 120 sr up to the EXI 450 pro myself. I only flew 5 batteries on it and now need to fix the tail servo mount. I will be replacing with the align trex 450 tail servo mount, seems more beefier in construction over the EXI version.

Compared to the 120 the 450 is much bigger and it is a bit intimidating at first. Like I said I have only got about 5 batteries worth of run time and I am still nervous about getting it up to a hover. I hope after my training evolution I am in I will have my new parts and a bit of time to fly. Very very very very very busy now.

zapster

Hey welcome to the site,its a great bunch of guys who will all help when ever they can.Tony has worked hard on this site to make it what it is and him and Lee know helis and planes inside and out !!! I,m probably the only other member from Maine.I,m in Acton,Where are you located ?

Dodge DeBoulet

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Zapster, I'm in Brunswick, on the other side of the state (fortunately, not at the thickest part).

Glad I'm not the only Mainah. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

Top Bottom