New member from SW Kansas

Blackduck

Hello all,

I`m not new to the sport but haven`t been active flying since 2005 trying to get back into it again, but I see a lot has changed with the electric additions.
I currently have a a few bold plane in progress to be flown I have an Alpha Trainer 40, I`ve ordered parts to convert from gas to electric.
I have a P63 Air Cobra , P51 Mustang I was working on when I stopped flying, will try to convert to electric also.
I got plans for a Spitfire foam board from internet 42 inch wing, that I have finished and ready to go, even though I use to fly, I want to get my trainer flying before I throw it up just to get use to flying again, it should be ready this week waiting for parts to come in.
AS for transmitter I purchased a Spectrum DX7 this thing is intimidating to say the least, I didn`t get into the programmable radios before I quit flying I have one ( JR XP7202 8 ch 75 hz) never got to use it, that is pretty much a boat anchor at this point with the new 2.4 GHz equipment.

Any way just wanted to say Hi to everyone, let you know a little about me, hope to talk or see some of you sometime either here or in the field, sp I hope you the best in your flying and God Speed.

Blackduck

Thanks for the warm welcome Lee and Admiral I`ll try to get pics and see if I can figure out how to post them when I get a chance, I`m not real good with computers. I`m trying to figure out the form and where to post ? do to the warning I`ve seen about posting in the wrong form.

Lee

If you're not sure, where to post, just let us know.
We can move it to the right place for you :)

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to RCH! You are right, a LOT has changed since '05! Any questions you have, all you have to do is post up and we will help you out. That is what we are here for.

As for the DX7, the programming is exactly the same as the DX9, just less features. Check out my videos on the DX9 and it should help you in programming it. The biggest difference, and most obvious is the number of channels. But plane and heli setup are virtually the exact same. But again, if you get stuck and have questions, all you have to do is post up and we will help you out.

Here is a link to all of my DX9 videos.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLabJwbJaz4QumvDs7L-u-xeN4ty6Hndzc

:welcome1:

Top Bottom