New member saying thank you

Maskog

Hello everyone, I'm Michael and let me first say thank you to Tony and the YouTube videos he as made. Those videos had helped me more than I can express. I've been at this hobby for about 5yrs now and I've spent ungodly amount of time on this hobby that I'm ashamed of myself. I bought my first exi450 about a year ago and crashed it within 5min of the first flight. It wasn't until I started watching Tony's YouTube videos 2mths ago that I was able to fully repair the exi450 and fly it for a few days and crash again but repair it again and back to flying. Now I'm trying to build exi450 pro kit. Anyone who read this, try not to judge me, I'm the first to admit that I stupidly underestimate what it takes to get good at this hobby. Two most important things i've learned on my 5yrs journey is "don't take a shortcut to learning the fundamentals of this hobby and be patient". I'm here to learn and I humble myself to anyone willing to teach. Thank you to all the folks that take the time to create this forum.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Michael, you are the exact reason I created this forum. When I started out, I went to the large forums looking for help, and was bashed cause I asked the same question that everyone else had asked a million times. so, I ordered everything I needed and pretty much taught myself, and what I learned, I put on video. sometimes I'm wrong, and i will correct it and pass along what I have learned. I was tired of seeing members leave this great hobby because they were flamed for being new. Everyone starts out at the bottom, and everyone asks the same questions. I take it as my job to help you guys get through those.

Don't worry about people judging you. If they do, let me know and I will ban them lmao. But you have a home here and you can ask anything you want to ask, and we will answer it. I'm on here quite a bit, as are other members that know their stuff. so when you have a question, just post up and let us know what it is.

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you around more and more.

-Tony

64impala

Congrats on finding the right place to be for all the best of rc help on the net. Hope you get all you need here and welcome aboard.

Top Bottom