Onboard GoPro 3d flying videos. 48" 3dhs Edge and 71" 3dhs Aj Slick.

Tominator06

Rolling Harriers Are My Drug!
Here is a few videos of my GoPro camera attached to my 48 edge and 71 slick. I plane on making some more gopro videos soon. Watch in 720p fullscreen for best viewing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
I notice in your slow harrier rolls, you use more right rudder than left. Is there a reason for that, or just something that you do? Great vids. Hope you upload a lot more on here.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Nice flying and great quality from the GoPro. Love that tail stall vertical thing. Looks like you can just move elevator hard forward, pull off the throttle and she would sit down like a helicopter lol.

Tominator06

Yeah I noticed that as well on the 71 onboard video. The camera is slightly off center but clearly some times i am inputting more one way than the other for sure. It is not intentional at all. I'm not sure if that is part of how I try and steer them or not. I have come along ways with my rollers since then. I'm curious if I still do it or not. Good observation though.

Tony

Staff member
Let me ask you this. Do you run expo, and if so, how much? And do you run dual rates and again if you do, how much? I'm interested in your setup to move over to my planes and try it out. The 48" seems to have a little wing rock to it, but that 71" is solid as a rock.

Tominator06

Yes I run alot of expo. 65-70% but I also run as much throw as I can get. 45 aileron 50+ elevator and as much rudder as I can get without hitting the elevator surface. They are both very stable airframes in harrier. That 48 edge gopro video was on a very windy day. In fact most of my 48 edge videos are during windy days as I seems its been that way all winter. One key to smooth harriers is to try and do most of your steering with the rudder. Than use counter aileron to keep the bank angle you want. When you use rudder in harrier it also initiates roll as the surface is not straight up and down anymore. Its easy to want to start a harrier turn with aileron but when you end up adding rudder it's too much and you end up stalling the plane. I am on high rates 95% of the time including take off and landings. I have just started messing with low rates. I have always set them up per the planes instructions with the exception of rudder which I only reduce a tiny bit for low rates. Running high rates and high expo lets me be fairly smooth at mid stick but still have the throw for the crazy tumbles and such.

Tony

Staff member
That is what I thought. I have thought about running high rates all the time with a lot of expo just to give it a shot. Right now on low rated (50%) I"m running 35% expo, and on high rates (100%) I"m running about 45% expo. Just need to get out and try more settings. And 50º of throw is a LOT lmao.

Top Bottom