Cars only drift one way!!!

k989

so hello,
i just got my brand new k989 in the mail today. i playde with it and it ran perfectly. but the i turned left and gave it power but it didnt wana "enter" the drift. then i tried turning right and it drifted no problem. any clue whats goin on? it aslo makes very weird noise i think i am not sure if its normal or not. also it is slower

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Check to see if anything is binding. It almost sounds like rather than breaking the tires loose, that it is getting more diff action than it should.

k989

Check to see if anything is binding. It almost sounds like rather than breaking the tires loose, that it is getting more diff action than it should.
sol basically i found that my right upper arm is little broken or cracked and bent. take a look. is this the problem?

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 5

Tony

Staff member
It could be. The camber on that right front wheel is definitely way off from what the left front is showing

Tony

Staff member
That is up to you. I do not do metal upgrades because that will move the point of weakness somewhere else. In this case, likely the shock tower which is more expensive. And metal bends rather than springing back. I would stick with stock.

k989

That is up to you. I do not do metal upgrades because that will move the point of weakness somewhere else. In this case, likely the shock tower which is more expensive. And metal bends rather than springing back. I would stick with stock.
but i need to replace the arm

Tony

Staff member
Yes, in order to get the car to drift the same one way as the other, it does need a symmetrical suspension setup. If you can get stock replacement parts, that is what I would suggest. If metal is all you can get, and you are aware of the risks, then that may be your only option.

Top Bottom