Rc-Help Needs A New Transmitter

Tony

Staff member
As you guys know, hard times fell on my family and I and I had to sell a few things to keep my head above water. We are slowly digging our self out and with that comes the planning of getting another Tx.

I am open to offers. I don't have to have a DX8, DX9, or spektrum in general. I'm willing to look at all of them. One thing to keep in mind is all of my Rx's that I have are DSM2 or DSMX, but if I have to get new Rx's to enjoy a better Tx, and to teach others about a new Tx, then that is what I will do.

It's still going to be a while before I can purchase one, but I want to get the ball rolling so that I can get an idea of what is out there. Post up and let me know what you would go with if it was an open playing field.

I just want to get back out there and fly again. I hate seeing these helicopters and planes just sitting here wasting away.

Tony

Staff member
Wow, I have never even heard of that Tx. Will definitely be looking into that one.

Lee

They have been around since the beginning of time, but mostly in EU as they are German.
They have been having a big push into the US in the last year.
Bobby on the RC Today Show, has just got one, and is doing a review on it.

pvolcko

Yeah, Graupner is old school, but they're making a push for a comeback as of late. High quality stuff as I recall. Have no idea if their current programming/menuing and reliability stacks up against the bigger brands today. If you're looking to go on a budget may want consider Frsky with a DSM2/X unit in it. A lot of people swear by them, being open source and all, and you get a lot of features for the money.

Tony

Staff member
I'm trying to stay away from the frsky and the like because they do have some issues and brown out a little more often than the higher end tx's. But then again, I have not looked into them that much, and you know how it is, people only report the negative and never the positive. Need to do a little more digging.

murankar

Staff member
Yes that radio is supposed to be the business. These do cost some pennies though.

Next is the Futaba t8 or t10, these both use sbus so you can save money by buying smaller RX's and using sbus. Sometimes you can pick up a used futaba on the cheap.

Jr is too expensive for what you get unless you find one used.

V-bar has a radio but your limited to what gyro you use. It also costs some money to get into.

The taranis has been doing really well. It appears the fpv community is enjoying it. Cost is not to bad.

Hitech has a new radio, the flash7. Its supposed to be a sub $200 radio. I personally am mixed about it. I don't like how they moved some of the switches around. Your flight mode is on the left shoulder and your throttle cut is what ever other switch you want to use. There is the Aurora 9x which is supposed to be the best for latency at 7ms and resolution at 2048. The issue with that is you need the premium servos and RX to get that.

I am running out of radios at the moment.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Here is something that hit me today. If I go with the Frsky, Graupner, Futaba or anything other than spektrum/JR (other than the DMSS, which goes with the rest), then all of my BNF planes and heli's as well as my AR7200BX will be useless.

So with this, I think we need to stick with DSM2/DSMX. Unless there is a module I can get that can bind these items to the new Tx. Any and all info would be appreciated. Right now, I have $300 to put towards a new Tx. I'm trying to get more, but it's not going so well. So that is pretty much where I'm at now.

Keep posting ideas. I would like to get a DX6i just to have in case people have questions. I LOVED my DX8, but really think I need something that can further the forum and help even more people.

Help me out here guys.

RandyDSok

Horizon has the DX8 for $299.99 ( ie $300 ).... and of course the DX6i for $130 or the DX6 for $200 and each comes with an additional receiver .... That would keep it within your current budget and you can then think about something more if it's needed later when the budget isn't as tight.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I have been looking at that DX8 they have. No TM1000, but I think I cna live without that. 6 channels is just not enough, I really need 7 when dealing with FBL Helicopters which is why I have not jumped on those 6 channels. And I still can't get past what I said when I purchased my DX8. If it's only a little more, why not get the DX8 over the DX7s... Still trying to find that perfect deal though. I know I REALLY need a Tx. My inbox is filling up with requests that I just can't do right now.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I still use the DX7s. i just dont purchase anything that requires 8 channels and above lol. just grab the DX9 bro, you will be happy in the end.

Tony

Staff member
I'm going to have to check on funds. Last nights ER visit pretty much screwed up any plans I have for a bit. I would love to get that DX9, that is a great price. But, priorities I guess. Now just waiting to see how much I'm going to get ripped on this bill...

trainrider06

I'm going to have to check on funds. Last nights ER visit pretty much screwed up any plans I have for a bit. I would love to get that DX9, that is a great price. But, priorities I guess. Now just waiting to see how much I'm going to get ripped on this bill...
That's how it goes huh? Think your right there with a hand on the brass ring....
Bam! Snatched away!
I know how ya feel....wife has been outta work for 4-5 months due to illness, she's finally
better and back to work....maybe I can finally get my bike fixed....
after we catch up on the other bills and such....

Admiral

A friend who is in similar circumstances bought one of these he doesn't plan on using it forever but is quite impressed, it is a lot better than he thought it would be.

trainrider06

A friend who is in similar circumstances bought one of these he doesn't plan on using it forever but is quite impressed, it is a lot better than he thought it would be.

They seem to be trying to crack down on QC of their stuff....
I'd have to spray paint it though....lol

Top Bottom