Rc-Help Trainer Build Part 5, Installing The Wing & Tail Feathers

Tony

Staff member
It's finally here, the video to mount the wing and tail feathers and make it look like an airplane. In this video not only do I show you how to mount those, I also show you how I cut my hatches so they can close easily. Oh yeah, I also unveil the new trim scheme I put on this plane. The trim on this plane took me about 12 hours total to design, cut, and lay down on the plane. But I think it was time well spent. It's just too bad that I'm making the video now where I have to cut into it for the servos lol.

Let me know what you think about this design and what you think I should put on the elevator. Remember if you need any vinyl cut out, I'm your guy. I can cut anything from your name for the side of your plane to whole trim packages. Something like I have on this plane however will be pretty expensive. But I will cut the members of this site a break on the overall cost. Just make sure to post up pictures of what you have built. I also have some other ideas that I may come out with at a later date.

Here it is, enjoy and let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZI_7R5PsZA

Tony

Staff member
Thanks. Actually there is still a lot to do before I can even think of flying this thing. Including the setup videos with the DX8. It's going to be pretty involved as it has been so far.

Tony

Staff member
Can't wait for the setup. I want to see the 4 servo setup with duel ailerons.

I may actually run 6 servos on this plane. One elevator, one rudder, two aileron and two flap. Not sure yet though. I know if I do, I will have to run the flaps on a Y harness. But you will most definitely see the 4 servo setup.

i think it would look cool with pow-mia symbol on the rudder just a thought

Dude, that is the most awesome idea there is. Concider this done and it will be on the plane in video #7. Awesome suggestion!

Tony

Staff member
It won't. Just remember that I will have a large rubber band holding the wing on so there won't be much stress if any on the glue joint. That joint is just to keep the wing centered on the fuse. Cant' wait to get it in the air though. Should look great with the new rudder that I'm about to put on it.

Tony

Staff member
If I can find them, I will stick them on. Otherwise I will just look for some kind of logo I can cut out of vinyl. Even if I have to do multiple colors.

Top Bottom