Cars RC Trike with prop

Derek

After we turned the camera off, I got the sticks for a few minutes. Full throttle is nearly scary, lol....but it's a lot of fun and the wife is happy.

Tony

Staff member
Make some F-1 style spoilers for it front and rear to help with the steering. Make sure they have some good angle to them and you will be able to control it much better at high speeds. Make the rear spoiler twice as big as the front. Loved that smile! That's what it's all about right there!

Derek

F-1 spoilers are a great idea! I'll work on that.

Yeah, the smile was great! I love her smile. You can just tell that she was having fun. No, we weren't breaking any speed records, but she was very much amused and that makes me happy.

Stambo

FPV FPV FPV!!!!
That looks like a lot of fun, and getting the wife interested in RC, GENIUS!!!
That smile says it all.
Now to convince her of the importance of good FPV gear. :)
I reckon you ought to try her on a banggood quad, V949 or see what Westy thinks of the upgraded V212.
You can also get one with a camera already attached, V959 I think.
They are so stable, you can let go all the sticks and they just hang there. Perfect for learning.
When's her birthday? :)

Derek

That's all that matters right there bro.

I couldn't have said it better, Tony!

- - - Updated - - -

FPV FPV FPV!!!!
That looks like a lot of fun, and getting the wife interested in RC, GENIUS!!!
That smile says it all.
Now to convince her of the importance of good FPV gear. :)
I reckon you ought to try her on a banggood quad, V949 or see what Westy thinks of the upgraded V212.
You can also get one with a camera already attached, V959 I think.
They are so stable, you can let go all the sticks and they just hang there. Perfect for learning.
When's her birthday? :)

Yeah..FPV on this thing would be pretty cool! She really likes this Trike. She is very excited for me to get some FPV gear...when the budget allows. She has been watching some tri-copter videos lately and she is very interested in one of those. Her birthday is in October. It's incredibly hard to forget my wife's birthday because it's the same day as my mom.

Tony

Staff member
You gotta get that girl a T-Maxx or something! Then find an old BMX track and let her loose lmao.

Derek

You gotta get that girl a T-Maxx or something! Then find an old BMX track and let her loose lmao.

I absolutely agree! But...if I get her a T-Maxx then I have to get two, lol. I love ground rc. Besides...I want something that I can chase the squirrels around with. We have tons of fat squirrels in my neighborhood. That would just be too much fun!!!

Derek

For the past few days, I've been thinking about putting a 64mm or 70mm EDF on the v2 of this Trike. What are your thoughts? Anyone???

Lee

It would certainly work, and be a bit safer to your shins :D but i don't think you'd get good acceleration like the prop version. I'd personally go for a high KV motor and a 4.5x4.5 prop or similar. Now that would move!!! :D

Stambo

For the past few days, I've been thinking about putting a 64mm or 70mm EDF on the v2 of this Trike. What are your thoughts? Anyone???

Better get some brakes sorted then. :) Or maybe a reversible esc. Although you would have to mount the EDF a little further froward otherwise you would tip over backwards when you reversed it.

Derek

It would certainly work, and be a bit safer to your shins :D but i don't think you'd get good acceleration like the prop version. I'd personally go for a high KV motor and a 4.5x4.5 prop or similar. Now that would move!!! :D

Well, let's see. I do have a 2200kv motor just sitting in my parts box. That could be impressive!

Tony

Staff member
DO IT!!! Make a small cone to choke down the pressure coming out of the EDF to gain more speed. As Lee stated, you will not get the "Punch" from the EDF, but you will get the SPEED that you are looking for.

Lee

2200KV with 6X4 prop and a shroud protecting the prop from the ground should do the trick :)

Derek

LOL....I'm starting to think that I should build a second Trike. I'm not sure the wife would like the speed that I anticipate from a 2200kv motor and 6x4 prop, lol. I'll talk to her about it. I'm already working on a new "chassis" for her and I'm pretty happy with the results, thus far. I also have some ideas, thanks to Tony, for some spoiler wings for the front and rear. I'll post some pictures as progress is made.

Top Bottom