VTX Runcam Split 2 Issue

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you are able to arm and disarm the quad. Also, make sure you are getting a low throttle signal. Set your low throttle to show about 990 on the receiver tab.

bigone5500

OK. As of right now that one hits about 997. I'll adjust it tomorrow. Got to get some sleep for work tomorrow. I hope I can get this thing working before Thursday. I get a 4 day weekend this week!

bigone5500

Ok. I got the motors working by adjusting the throttle in the Rx tab. However, when I arm the quad, the motors spin up. I have the slider checked to not spin the motors when armed. Although when I think about it, that could be a safety thing visually telling me to disarm the quad.

I now need to figure out the PID thing. I have printed the pdf you posted Tony and will study it while trying to figure out if anything needs to be adjusted.

And, thanks greatly to all who have contributed information on helping me get this thing set back up.

Tony

Staff member
If AIR mode is enabled they will spin. Also, depending on where you put yoru throttle, you may need to change that 1050 setting a little lower that you showed in a picture before.

bigone5500

Turning off air mode did the trick. I took it out and hovered it and tried out the modes. Angle does ok as does acro. But horizon is uber sensitive. Acro is pretty sensitive too. Is the sensitivity adjusted by PID?

Tony

Staff member
I'm still waiting for my damn beer...

Check the settings on each mode. Might have one without expo or something.

Tony

Staff member
All the help I have given you, and I only get a 6 pack? rip...

And PID does nothing for sensitivity of the sticks. It's all about stability and control.

bigone5500

So. I went into betaflight and changed the RCRates on roll and pitch to a lower value. From 2.55 to 1.3. This made the quad much easier to fly.

I'm enjoying tinkering with the settings like this as it is helping me to learn this stuff.

Tony

Staff member
Angle & Horizon

Angle is a self stabilizing mode that will only allow you to pitch the quad to a maximum pitch that you set in betaflight. This is the most beginner friendly mode since it will not let you go inverted. So you can't do any loops or rolls in this mode. And when you let go of the stick, it will always self level.

Horizon is a lot like angle in that it will self level when you release the sticks, but after a certain stick deflection, it will allow you to do loops and rolls. However, you must do a complete 360. If you try to stop to look straight down for example, the FC will take over and self level the quad.

Rate is no Accelerometer. It will not self level, you can stop it in any orientation in space and is what everyone should be flying in!!! Yes, I'm included in that statement lol.

And yea, those settings look okay, but only you know how it flies. PID is a per model setting. Baseline can get you close, but tweaking it will always make it better. Okay, maybe not always lol.

And you said Horizon was hard to fly, I will bet that is because you were hitting the point where it went from angle to rate so you could flip, then you let off and it goes back into angle. It's a good mode, but try only flying in rate.

bigone5500

When I initially tried to fly it yesterday with the first settings, the quad tried to move as if I were giving it full stick travel when I was only maybe going 25%. I learned to adjust expo so it won't do that. If things go as planned, I will be attempting my first REAL FPV training. I know I'm gonna crash the crap out of it but it will be fun!

Top Bottom