450 Setup swash plate Trex 450 as beginner

Sidik Hartono

hello Tony, nice to meet you. I often see your YouTube videos, and the content is very helpful for us as beginners.
There are a few questions I want to ask,
as you explain in the video swash plate setup Trex 450
All swash plate & main rotor head must be leveling ... For those of us as beginners, just learning hovering, the pitch degrees setting is at 0-8 degree, without minus inverted.
1. Then the leveling setting on the mid-stick is: 4 degrees Is it true?
2. The servo horn 90° starting from lower stick or starting from the middle stick?

Thank you for your kind

Smoggie

When you set the heli up you would almost always mechanically set servo arms level at mid stick with blades at zero pitch and using a linear 0 -50 -100 pitch curve.

if you wanted to set a different curve after completing mechanical setup you can do so, but I would always recommend having some negative pitch (at least 2 degrees). This is to be able to do an auto-rotation if needed and also to be able to prevent the heli 'ballooning' in wind etc. if you do use a pitch curve that has very little negative and results in a hover when the stick is in the lower half of travel then it's important that you use an 'idle up' throttle curve, otherwise you will cut motor power when you move the stick back.

Sidik Hartono

thank you for the replay Bro ...
because I'm just a beginner, so if the level of the pitch level is too wide ... the heli drops very easily
falling from top to bottom very fast .... making me very panic ...
ok, so ... if for example we set the pitch degree: -2, 0, 4, 6, 8 °

The case is 0 degrees at 25% of the throttle stick

Is the mid-stick at 4 degrees or still 0 degrees?

For beginners, hovering starts with a pitch angle of 0 - 8 degrees, only from the mid-stick to the top-stick ...
the distance is too short, my hand is still difficult to control the remote, even though I used 40% expo

Smoggie

so ... if for example we set the pitch degree: -2, 0, 4, 6, 8 °
In the pitch curve you describe then mid stick is 4 degrees, which will be roughly the point that the heli hovers. However as i said, if you use a curve such as this you must use an 'idle up' throttle curve, otherwise you are at great risk of cutting motor power in flight when you move the collective stick back.

PS.. expo may be what's causing your problem. I would not advise using expo on the pitch curve, it often has the opposite effect to that desired because it means that you end up flying with the stick only in the top 1/3rd of it's travel.

Sidik Hartono

In the pitch curve you describe then mid stick is 4 degrees, which will be roughly the point that the heli hovers. However as i said, if you use a curve such as this you must use an 'idle up' throttle curve, otherwise you are at great risk of cutting motor power in flight when you move the collective stick back.

PS.. expo may be what's causing your problem. I would not advise using expo on the pitch curve, it often has the opposite effect to that desired because it means that you end up flying with the stick only in the top 1/3rd of it's travel.
Good morning Smoggie
You are right, with the pitch setting give it a little -2 °, the hovering time is more stable, even if there's a little wind.
Now I set:
Thr: 0 - 25 - 50 - 75 - 100
Idle: 80/80/80/80/80
Pitch angle: -2 °/ 0° / 2 ° / 5 °/ 8 °

But a new problem arose, when I was on idle-up tail it was wagging (around 45 degree) for a few seconds...
After that it stopped normal again ...
I have had the gyro gain in TX go up & down ... but the problem still remains.

Wagging occurs only when idle on, and when the heli's spool up, but only for a few seconds...
if using normal throttle hovering the head locked normal
Any suggestion?

my units are:
Trex 450 clone flybar with Belt tension Tx Futaba T7c
Futaba gyro 401
servo rudder: Emax 9258MG (digital, metal gear)

Flyaway

Hello guy’s and gal’s: For starters I like to say that I am using a Flysky FS-T6 Radio, and yes it is a little old radio, I figured it would be a decent little radio for my use. However I have a trex 450
And I’m having a minor problem. First I set up my servos directly to my receiver, Before hooking it up to my Flybarless system, Just to give me a reference point in were the servos stands directly on the receiver. However when I give it my input just to see if everything is operating correctly. All servos are working correctly in the order they should be operating on the 1’20 degree swash plate as is supposed to. When moving the throttle stick up, Along with pitch all servos are moving up at the same time. When moving the ailerons left to right it’s working good. But when I move the elevator pushing for forward and pulling back it works good, But I find the the rear elevator servo moving a bit more in though, More then the pitch and aileron servos, Not sure if I’m making any sense or not. Let along if it’s even normal. Can you guys and gals give me your thoughts thank you

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
First I like to say :welcome1:to Sidik and Flyaway. It's hard to answer two questions from two induvial using the same tread lol. Flyaway your kind of jacking or jumping on Sidik tread. We're able to help answer your question but just one tread or induvial at a time to make life a little easier :).

Sidik Hartono

Hello guy’s and gal’s: For starters I like to say that I am using a Flysky FS-T6 Radio, and yes it is a little old radio, I figured it would be a decent little radio for my use. However I have a trex 450
And I’m having a minor problem. First I set up my servos directly to my receiver, Before hooking it up to my Flybarless system, Just to give me a reference point in were the servos stands directly on the receiver. However when I give it my input just to see if everything is operating correctly. All servos are working correctly in the order they should be operating on the 1’20 degree swash plate as is supposed to. When moving the throttle stick up, Along with pitch all servos are moving up at the same time. When moving the ailerons left to right it’s working good. But when I move the elevator pushing for forward and pulling back it works good, But I find the the rear elevator servo moving a bit more in though, More then the pitch and aileron servos, Not sure if I’m making any sense or not. Let along if it’s even normal. Can you guys and gals give me your thoughts thank you
Hi...
did you use the same servo for the swashplate?
select the correct hole of the servo horn,
because, if the holes are used differently, the distance / motion of the linkage is different

Top Bottom