Sort of newbie

Deano1661

Hi everyone, just getting back into the hobby after a 13 year gap, I used to race rc motorcycles and then was bitten by the aircraft bug back in 2004 ( I built the deagostini spitfire and yes it does fly and it flies really well) not long after that I managed to get what I really wanted, a Raptor 30 and I've been collecting helis ever since, but because of leaving the hobby for 13 years I never learned to fly helis, didn't stop me buying thenm though, I lookin forward to browsing the forums and hope I get the help in need from all of you in here

Deano

Tony

Staff member
Hey Deano, welcome to the forum! If you were affected by the email not going out, I do apologize and fixed that issue today. I saw you signed up on March 30th. Thanks to D.O.G. above for bringing it to my attention!

If you get a chance, post up some pictures of your fleet! would love to see them. And welcome back!

:welcome1:

Last edited:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Welcome back Deano, looking forward in chatting with you. I've been involved with model airplanes all my life, including real ones ( Army helicopters). Just like you the helicopter bug bite me about 10 years ago and I never looked back :peaceful:

Deano1661

Welcome back Deano you will get all the support you need here, what are you thinking of learning on ?
I would like to learn on first heli I bought, my raptor 30, but its electric only at the local club, so it will probably be a trex 450, I'm saving my fast devil 505 for when I'm a lot more skilled

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Deano. May I suggest some sort of flight sim like real flight if you are just starting out or even if you advance Heli pilot? A lot cheaper than replacing parts while you learn. Just my :2c:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi there Deano, D.O.G. hit it on the head about getting a flight simulator. Best advice ever given, a lot easier to reset than replace parts. Another thing that will help is to "tame" your bird by lowering both the throttle and pitch control %. This is done by adjusting in your transmitter. Tony has a series of videos on his web site on how to learn to fly. Everything you need is right there :arms: :yahoo:.

Top Bottom