Spektrum Spektrum DX6e

Blade93

Hi, does the DX6e radio have a panic recovery/bail button? If yes, could that be used with the likes of a Blade 330S heli?

Blade 400

Hi, does the DX6e radio have a panic recovery/bail button? If yes, could that be used with the likes of a Blade 330S heli?
Not sure about that particular Heli but, I found this, I hope it helps

Last edited:

Blade93

Thanks Blade 400. I have skim-read the threads on that forum and one says ' the DX6E is compatible with any receiver that uses the DSMX or DSM2 protocols', so that's good. It is clear that there is a button on the likes of the DXS radio that doubles up as bind and panic, but just need to be sure that the DX6e has similar.

RandyDSok

Those types of features ( safe, recovery etc ) are more a function of the receiver and/or add-on gyro ( if not built into the receiver like in an all-in-one unit ) than it is of the radio itself. That means you need to find out if one of the channels of the radio can access the channel the receiver/gyro uses for that function. So look at the manual for the receiver/gyro and see what channel accesses that function, then look at your radio to see if it's on one of the channels your radio has.

00ruff

Short answer is YES.
Panic recovery is part of the flight controller programming. Some receivers have a built-in flight controller and some flight controllers have a built-in receiver.
Many of the DSMx protocol Receivers have AS3X with Safe, which is Spektrum's flight controller software.
Most all F/C's and modern programable radios can be set up with a "rescue" function. Spektrum calls theirs "safe" commonly used with their AS3X FC/RX
So, yes the DX6e can be configured with bail-out or "rescue" It does come with a momentary button switch, commonly used for bind or bail-out.
The stock electronics in the 330s should work perfectly with the DX6e. Bind, program and fly.
Also, SpektrumRC.com has setup files for most blade helis. This will save you from having to manually program the radio for your bird. Just download into the radio, bind and fly.
If it doesn't have a flybar it has a flight controller.
Cheers

Billyboy

My DX6e keeps giving me a warning message that my smart battery is not charged enough to fly. When I put the battery on test it shows that it is fully charged. It gives me the same warning no matter how many fully charged batteries I try to use. I went into the menu settings and found Smart options but none of the options make any sense to me. Can someone decode for me?

RandyDSok

I'm not going to be able to help much... just a tip and a little info... then I'll list the info you didn't provide so others that have some Spectrum equipment may be able to assist you or point you in the right direction... I use a Futaba radio that came out before the telemetry craze.

The tip... if you haven't yet done so... update the firmware for your radio. They will regularly release new firmware to address any bugs and to make any enhancements etc.

Make sure it isn't the transmitter battery warning you are getting. The DX6e's can use several types of batteries and they each have different voltages. While on the subject, look in the battery compartment for the PID # ... make sure it has an "L" on the end of it to ensure it supports Lipo batteries... Gen1 versions didn't but can be sent in for a free update to support them.

The Spectrum "Smart" battery only advantage is when using it with a compatible charger otherwise your Transmitter's telemetry should be set the same as it would for any similar LiPo battery that you are using. You'd select the cell count as well as the high and low voltages for the warnings. What those voltages should be set at would depend on what cell count your battery has and you didn't mention that.

The other info you need to provide is the specific receiver model you have as well as the specific model ESC you have... as well as the battery info already mentioned. I also believe most receivers will require that you hook up a lead from it to the battery so it can monitor it directly but that also depends on what specific devices you are using which may require other things to work properly

Top Bottom