Projects "THE BEAST" giant snow skidder

wolfman76

well I got it fixed finally so here It is the maiden video of the BEAST snow skidder

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

Although you had the same issues that I did, with the fresh powder, your Skidder does well, too. My Snow Skidder didn't like the fresh snow either but on the packed down stuff on the streets or that hard snow in that field, my Skidder was moving along pretty well. I think your Skidder would be super impressive if you could find an open area of packed down snow or iced over hard snow.

Regardless, it was still a success! I can't imagine that Horizon Hobby will be knocking on our doors, wanting to patent our Skidders, but they are still fun.

Nice job Kyle!!!

Derek

Although you had the same issues that I did, with the fresh powder, your Skidder does well, too. My Snow Skidder didn't like the fresh snow either but on the packed down stuff on the streets or that hard snow in that field, my Skidder was moving along pretty well. I think your Skidder would be super impressive if you could find an open area of packed down snow or iced over hard snow.

Regardless, it was still a success! I can't imagine that Horizon Hobby will be knocking on our doors, wanting to patent our Skidders, but they are still fun.

Nice job Kyle!!!

wolfman76

Well thank you Derek that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. .. lol after i change the rudder servo out for a bigger stronger one i think it might do better

Derek

I was considering "thrust vectoring" on mine, too. I had it all pictured, in my head. Even though we are nearing the end of the snow (hopefully), I may still make that change and save the Skidder for next year.

EyeStation

Looked good Kyle. I started to wonder if the EDF was overpowering the tail servo when you said it would only turn one way.
Thank your daughter for doing a great job filming in those conditions.

Top Bottom