The newest member to the Darwin Awards and now officially a 3D Pilot.

murankar

Staff member
All I have to say is Disconnect the motor next time. Never trust throttle cut. I was doing really well about keeping the motor disconnected until I started working on leveling the swash. Long story short I am glad It ended without me getting really hurt. As for the ceiling I cant say so much for. Well, lesson learned next time disconnect the motor. As for TX/RX, I am definitely upgrading this TX/RX. Although I will keep it as a backup just in case.

Tony

Staff member
Bud, we have all had one come alive on out desks and tables lol. Mine was my 500 on my desk and it kicked the crap out of my 24" lcd monitor, and my wrist. Didn't take off since I was able to wrap my hand around the head and stop it from spinning long enough to unplug it.

sucks though. That's what it took for me to remember to always unplug two wires on the motor. Glad no one was hurt though.

Lee

Same here dude. Nice calm evening, heli on the table, wife watching TV, then........ !!##?** Wife on the floor taking cover and me grabbing the heli. Luckily although the heli was at full speed, it had no pitch so just sat there. Tail hit my fingers which was very painful.

murankar

Staff member
All it took was a wrong adjustment on the pc and bam their it goes. I got about a $40 added cost but that's the name of the game. boom, tail push rod, need new gears for the ds520, main blades, rotor head, fly bar, maybe a swash and finally the feathering shaft and main shaft. I hope that's all it is. I also fixed some of the sticking in the head, used the spare screws and it cleared up most of the issues I was having.

Adam

You know hearing stories like this just shows we are all human. We learn in the sky and i guess when we pull in to the service shop lol. But at the same time we can all look back and laugh like tony does every time he looks at his computer screen. Sorry i had to add that one in lol.

murankar

Staff member
My final assessment was around 60. I was having issues with the rotor that caused me to order a new rotor head. I naught it in prices so I can assemble it correctly. Any how everything should be here in a few days. Then I will finish the assmebly and shoot the video. Lets have a beer añd laugh together.

Top Bottom