Trucks traxxas t maxx

redeyejedi

hey i have a old t maxx 2.5 im trying to get going for my dad i checked the tranny and cleaned all the old grease out of the diff f/r and now only the left front and the right rear tire spin y not all 4 spining any tips on how to fix ?

Tony

Staff member
The diff's in these trucks are whats known as "open diff's" meaning the torque is going to go to the wheel with the least torque required to turn it. I would take the tire off and pull the driveshaft off all 4 axles and spin the hub. If that's free, then you know it's binding in the diff. In that case, you will need to take the diff out and find out why it's not spinning and is locked up.

If it's not locked up and still spins, it may just need to run in.

If you can get us a quick video of what it's doing that would help out a lot in diagnosing it.

redeyejedi

ok the next nice day we have i will make a vid and post it we just got 8 inch of snow and its cold and windy hopfully i can get u a vid in a day or two thanks for the help

redeyejedi

[video=youtube_share;NThGKTTdBUY]http://youtu.be/NThGKTTdBUY[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

rc's 001.jpgrc's 002.jpgrc's 003.jpgrc's 004.jpgrc's 005.jpgrc's 006.jpg
thats what the ol girl look like yesterday i put all new waterproff servos new batt and cleaned the diffs checked the clutch new air filter fresh gas been sitting for atleast 7-10 years maybe longer and it fires right up only thing i havent done is opened up the motor but now idk if the 4x4 is working right thanks for the help

rc's 001.jpg

rc's 002.jpg

rc's 003.jpg

rc's 004.jpg

rc's 005.jpg

rc's 006.jpg

Tony

Staff member
IMO, that looks completely normal. It still drives fine and is not locking up a wheel. As stated, these use open diffs so the two tires that are spinning have the least amount of torque. As long as your driveshafts are good. and your drive pins have not stripped out the inside of the wheels, you should be good to go.

And that thing sounds great. I love the sound in an enclosed space lol.

redeyejedi

ok thanks for takeing a look just wasnt sure love this site lots of great info thanks agin for the help now on to the next project the team losi xxx-nt tryin to get my childhood toys back running plus i have a brand new t-maxx with the 3.3 that has only had about ten tanks of gas ran throug it should be a fun summer :beguiled:

Tony

Staff member
Oh, the XXX-NT was a great truck. I ran the RC10-GT with the flat aluminum chassis, but thought about getting the NT. The only issue is it LOVES to melt the diff out of it if you put too much power to it. Only reason I never got one.

Just let us know what you need to know and we will help you out. And as always, videos help a LOT lol.

Top Bottom