450 Trex 450 se v2

LooseNut

As Tony stated, the servos aren't the most powerful or fastest, but the will fly a 450 just fine for just flying around. The ES08MD is very economical at about $12, so getting the third should be easy on the budget. They will run at 4.8 to 6 vdc, so you can get a little more out of them.
I do have an extra E-Flite EFLRG110HL Gyro in the box of electrical stuff, it's off a Blade 400 and was working when I dismantled the Heli for parts. So if you are thinking just going back to a FB head, that would work.

kelwillie

I was looking into get a good simulator to fly while I am inside taking care of my mom. Any one have a prefferrence. Was wondering about the accuRC heli sim

Tony

Staff member
Last I checked, AccuRC had some hiccups that I don't much like. Most have to do with online. Not sure if they fixed these issues as I have not fired it up in a while. But for offline playing, yes, this is a great simulator.

neXt is also a great sim and is my next simulator to purchase.

LooseNut

Although I have Real Flight, a friend of mine likes the AccuRC better than the R F, he says it reacts more like the real thing. Here's a link to a Youtube he did talking about Camera settings.

kelwillie

Last I checked, AccuRC had some hiccups that I don't much like. Most have to do with online. Not sure if they fixed these issues as I have not fired it up in a while. But for offline playing, yes, this is a great simulator.

neXt is also a great sim and is my next simulator to purchase.
Ok that was another issue I was concerned about since they dont use direct hook useing WI-FI to work. If I am wrong please correct. I will check out the neXt. I had bought a Reflex back in the day but it didnt have up-grades. I don't mind using a cable from computer to radio, specially with WI-FI connections. Thanks Tony

Tony

Staff member
You can get wireless dongles for use with sims. Just make sure they are compatible with your Tx.

Rackman

So help me out here gentlemen..so if I purchase the

Spektrum WS2000 Wireless Simulator USB Dongle, SPMWS2000 & the AccuRC package and of course my transmitter Which is just a DX7s would I be good or am I seeing the hole picture..wife has given me the go ahead to buy a good sim..please help if you can..:argue:

RandyDSok

Ok that was another issue I was concerned about since they dont use direct hook useing Wi-FI to work. If I am wrong please correct.

You aren't wrong... but that is also by design. This is a complex and likely confusing subject, so it isn't unusual for people to get things mixed up here. I'll generalize some of the info, but it'll also be less than everything to know on the subjects I'll mention.

Wi-Fi is the generic term used for the wireless transmission of computer networked devices. I believe there are around 6 frequency ranges ( there can now be more but I may not have heard of them yet ) commonly used for these devices and among them, some include the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz ranges many people will have heard about often. These devices do not use all of those frequency ranges, just a portion that was assigned to them. These also use protocols specifically made for networking these devices. The designed power used for this set of devices is not very strong on purpose. The reason it isn't strong is so several "networks" can exist together in a general local area so they are less likely to interfere with each other. If two are using the same frequency/channel, they must share it and therefor are slowed down since each has to wait on the other at times.

Bluetooth is yet another 2.4 Ghz frequency device protocol also used on computer devices. Initially made for computer peripherals for short ranges and using a lower power level with around a 30 foot range ( now they also have a higher power setting on some devices ).

Then there are the even more generic computer devices that also use another of the 2.4 Ghz ranges. These are often keyboards, mice, and other similar devices. They typically have proprietary protocols used only by that device and it's related "dongle" that is used to connect to a computer. This is the type of stuff that is generically called simply wireless by most of us.

RC radios also have used many different frequency ranges used currently and in the past, the more commonly sold and current ones also use a portion of the 2.4 Ghz range ( another less common but certainly used frequency is the 900 Mhz and then the older AM/FM frequency/channels as well ). On the 2.4 Ghz frequencies used, several protocols and are not the same ones used by the Wi-Fi devices previously mentioned. Unlike the Wi-Fi signals, these have enough power that can allow control of the RC aircraft for miles if the line of sight is good enough for the frequency range they operate in. A wireless "dongle" that is used by RC radios is using the same RC radio frequencies and protocols, not the same ones that the other 2.4 Ghz wireless dongles are using. They are simply put, a RC receiver that can plug into a computer to be used most often as a game controller or joystick type of device.

Cordless phones are another set of devices that also use yet another set of different 2.4 Ghz ( and others ) frequencies.

Cellular phones have a lot of different frequencies that they use as well. Just to add to the confusion ( really it's just the complexity but still )... there are some RC airframes that even use a smartphone for their controller.

So to summarize it... you are correct that the devices you mention do not use Wi-Fi ... but it is by design since different protocols are being used by Wi-Fi than the other devices that just so happen to also use a 2.4 Ghz frequency ( or other frequency ). "Millions" ( on purpose exaggeration ) of devices use 2.4 Ghz but they are each in their own range of that frequency and each use their own type of protocol to talk to each other.

Rackman

Wow..ok Randy thank you for the info..I went to Helidirect and talk with Patrick about how to move forward and I think I'll do a bit more research and decide..but it looks like a nice program for sure for the money..:arms:

Top Bottom