3gx Firmware Downloads

guyp

I have a take off issue.
I have the 3GX V.5 in a trex 450 Dominator 6s.
The issue i'm having on take off is just as the heli gets real light on the skids the swash tilts to the right resulting in a bit of a hairy take off.
But its fine when its off the ground.

sqh1988

Align 3GX Verion 4.0 now added to the list of downloads!

Hi Tony,

I'm having issues with the Heading Hold Gyro on the 3gx system. I've set the gyro gain to 75% for Heading Hold and somehow, the slider won't stay on the left or on the right. It reverts back to center like a Rate Mode. I've revert the firmware back from version 5.0 to 2.0 and I still get the same tail problem.

Tony

Staff member
Have you tried changing it in the transmitter? What is your setup? radio, rx (if used), heli and so on?

sqh1988

Have you tried changing it in the transmitter? What is your setup? radio, rx (if used), heli and so on?

Yes I did. I'm using Spektrum DX7 with dual satellite receivers. I'm currently setting it up on Trex 450L Dominator. I did an initial setup. I was using DX6 transmitter. Then I thought I'd switch to DX7 and that did not work. I even downgrade the firmware from 4.0 to 1.1 and finally upgrade it to version 5.0 and I still do not have Heading Hold. I did all of the research including youtube.com. I'm thinking it's a defect. That's what they said.

Tony

Staff member
Since you are using satellite Rx's, make sure your gyro channel is on channel 7 or aux2.

sqh1988

I did set the switch from GEAR channel to aux2 on my transmitter still not getting a Heading Hold.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also plugging it directly into the 3GX with the satellite receiver. I'm not using a standard receiver.

Tony

Staff member
In the gyro menu on your Tx, did you change both the channel and switch? Neither of them should say INH. Make sure you have it set to a switch you can easily reach and for just starting out, do NOT put it on F-Mode.

sqh1988

In the gyro menu on your Tx, did you change both the channel and switch? Neither of them should say INH. Make sure you have it set to a switch you can easily reach and for just starting out, do NOT put it on F-Mode.

Thanks Tony. I've got it figured out. I've checked the channel assign on my TX and turns out that the AUX channel wasn't assign to the gyro. I now have a Heading Hold gyro. Not to mention that I am new to this new 3GX Flybarless system and I'm so used to applying rudder to the rudder stick. Meaning that if I applied right rudder stick, the tail slider goes to the left and stays there. This 3GX is different. I have to move the helicopter to the left or right direction to ensure that I have HH. I did an initial test flight and it turned out to be golden. I'll be doing a maiden flight hopefully this weekend depending on the weather. Again, thanks for your help.

Tony

Staff member
Fantastic news! Glad you got it figured out. Now all we need is video of this bird in the air :chuckles:

Eggy 71

Align 3GX Verion 4.0 now added to the list of downloads!
I have been buidling a T REx 450. It has a 3GX gyro and I tried installing the download from the cd supplied. It keeps popping up with an error message relating to format. I tried downloading from rc help and got the same message anyone have an idea what's going on?
error message.JPG

error message.JPG

Eggy 71

as soon as I click english as the language it opens up and starts this. Does the 3gx need to be connected when opening the program?

Tony

Staff member
Try running the program in compatibility mode for Xp and make sure you have the dongle hooked up to the computer. You should get the "windows is installing drivers" popup when you plug it in. You shouldn't need the 3GX hooked up, but you know Align...

john60

im having problems down loading 5.0 fimware to my lap top it says its loaded but when i click on it it says this firmware is not suported.

Good day to all,
Does anyone know where I can get an align 3g link cable?
PN:HEP3GF02.
I have searched HF and RR forums, and had no luck.
I am specifically trying to update a GP900 gyro.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Regards, Robert

Geena, you scored a touchdown, with a field goal!!:arms:
I will be adding e-hely to my favs, for sure.
Nice pics of IRCHA 2017, by the way.
Any idea on there turn around time?
Obviously, they are a reputable co.
I have been searching for this link, for several weeks now.:yourock:
Thank you for your help.
BEST REGARDS, ROBERT

Geena

Staff member
That`s what I`m here for. I love to help when and where I can. :) I don`t know about their turn around, but it shouldn`t take long for them to get it to you. I know several people who order from them, and they have never said anything negative about them.

Top Bottom