Quad Can't Take Off

Stambo

I have never heard of software that can adjust a transmitter's settings... probably a bad assumption to make.
Most openTx based radios will allow you to do both, I back my Taranis up regularly.
The software even has some settings that are difficult if not impossible to do on the radio, not critical ones, just quality of life type stuff.

EDIT: Ok I just noticed which radio you were talking about. No screen would make things hard to do on the TX.

EDIT2: Just a thought, maybe pop the back off the Flysky TX and make sure that pot is not loose and floating around in it's mount.
I had that happen to the steering pot on a Flysky ground radio. Worked heaps better when I tightened it up. :)

Last edited:

RandyDSok

It's cool that some transmitters now have an option to configure them through a PC but...

Small Rant...

I always complained about the early Samsung Galaxy class smartphones that required the user to have a PC in order to update their firmware to the next release of Android. It was ridiculous that they had that requirement when over the air and wifi updating was an available option and every other decent smartphone out there had those options, thankfully Samsung finally added those options later.

Considering the low cost of a cheap small LCD screen... it's even more ludicrous that a toy class RC craft's radio only has a PC only configuration option. While PC's are prevalent, not everyone has a need for one. This just shows not only how cheap some of these companies are, but also how short sited they are in assuming everyone will have a PC.

For those that don't know, I own a PC computer business that repairs and builds quality custom PC's. Even I know not everyone needs a PC.

Thanks for the kind words guys.
I will have a play and see how I go. The first effort I had with down loading their Radiolink software was fun. I think half is in Chinese and the other in English. When I opened the zip files a number of the files shown in the manual were not there . I will have another go and see how we fare. Will update you all once I have had a play.
cheers

Grant

G'day again everyone

I changed the throttle/yaw gimble in the Flysky transmitter and it set up everything fine until I went to control the little Beastie. Back to square one!!!

I then gave up on the Flysky tranmitter. I have also given up on the Radiolink exercise.

I have now bitten the bullet and bought a Taranis X9D SE transmitter. I changed the receiver to a FrSky XM and had no issues binding and setting up. BUT, the little Beastie is still performing the same as with the Flysky FS-ia6. The controls on the Taranis are smooth as silk, but the motors still run all over the place ( same as the Flysky transmitter) and on occasion would not change from flat out.

Now that I have eliminated the transmitter as culprit, what is my next step? I plan to pull the craft apart and de-solder and re-solder all joints from the ESC's and PDB and see what happens then.

One other thing, can someone give me some advice on how to check if the motors are working properly please?

cheers

Grant

Tony

Staff member
Checking the motors is done in the motor tab with the right slider for all 4 motors.

My suggestion is to upload a fresh firmware and start a fresh model in your tx and start from square 1. Before going too far, look in the monitor menu to make sure the sticks are not jumping all over the place (this is still a chinese Tx afterall) and if that is good before binding to the model, then bind it up and start setting it up.

Top Bottom