380/420 Crash !!!

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Thank you Randy, will follow your advice. I'm still learning about computers even as a 73 year old (real & I mean real late bloomer). My kids and grand children are teaching me.

Rackman

Ok bud you should see the box in just a few days Man I hope it helps. I figured you already had control links & rodes but there's a few other parts too.. I was going to seen a tracking but if you find they don't arrive throw back a text and will send you the tracking...Happy Flying..

Blade 400

I know the feeling of crashing and it sure does ruin your day my friend. But you got back on the horse for another try "BRAVO!!!!!!". We learn from our mishaps, pilot error or mechanical. Had bad experiences with E-flite servos also and will never use them again. Now using better servos with metal gears and know my birds respond better. A hour or two of sim time is a good habit to get into been doing this for 9 years. Always think of myself in a real bird at the controls and take nothing for granted.
Thanks James :thumbsup: I`ve come on quite a bit since this crash thanks to the great advice from so many experienced and kind people on this site. I had a good Training gear free flight with my new Tarot 450 fbl Heli yesterday and have had some good flights with my Blade 400 recently too :biggrin1: I changed the Beast x settings to transmitter mode so was able to change the DR & Expo settings which has calmed the Tarot down a lot! I couldn`t agree with you more re: Sim time, as often as possible. My co-ordinated turns need a lot of work, they are very erratic at the moment :bellyroll:
Happy Flying ;)

Rackman

Well Thanks bud, yr.'s of grabbing one here & there not one was ever a new one, I have had to reconstruct each one as i got them except for this most recent one that I picked up on eBay in the aluminum box for just $80.00 buck. he just didn't get any bidders & it was local.. so oh what A Lucky Man I was lol.. quite the joy in repairing them and giving them there first maiden flight. its then I seem to get my best rush hahaha.. well I'm sure you know the feeling to know you finally grasp the concept .. :)

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi Blade 400. So glad to hear from you:banana:. Enclose are forms I use for my helicopters, reminds me of the days when on active duty. They're both straight forward and just help me enjoy the hobby more. The one on the left is something I made up to keep track of important maintenance checks ensuring the heli is flight ready. The other form I got from a friend used in setting up a bird. Yes you can record this data in your radio, but I also like to have a hard copy. So these are maintain in a folder for each of my aircraft.
:thumbsup: & :twothumbsup:Best regards, Jim

Attachments

• 20210904_102013.jpg
    20210904_102013.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210904_101714.jpg
    20210904_101714.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 7

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Well Thanks bud, yr.'s of grabbing one here & there not one was ever a new one, I have had to reconstruct each one as i got them except for this most recent one that I picked up on eBay in the aluminum box for just $80.00 buck. he just didn't get any bidders & it was local.. so oh what A Lucky Man I was lol.. quite the joy in repairing them and giving them there first maiden flight. its then I seem to get my best rush hahaha.. well I'm sure you know the feeling to know you finally grasp the concept .. :)
Yes I sure do and happy for you. It's funny when you need something and can't quite find it, Then when less expecting it, a real bargain falls in your lap :arms: Awesome Rackman!!!

Rackman

Hey that's not a bad idea for sure. Even remembering certain parts I've replaced on them can get forgotten..I'll definitely take & copy what you've got there and put it to good use Thanks bud..I've always kept somewhat of a mental note but never to took it to heart to write each event or it parts listing..& inspection down..

Blade 400

Hi Blade 400. So glad to hear from you:banana:. Enclose are forms I use for my helicopters, reminds me of the days when on active duty. They're both straight forward and just help me enjoy the hobby more. The one on the left is something I made up to keep track of important maintenance checks ensuring the heli is flight ready. The other form I got from a friend used in setting up a bird. Yes you can record this data in your radio, but I also like to have a hard copy. So these are maintain in a folder for each of my aircraft.
:thumbsup: & :twothumbsup:Best regards, Jim
Thanks Jim, these are great especially as I have lots of Heli`s too. I`ve been keeping everything in my head which does spoil the enjoyment, so these are great aid memoires :thumbsup:

Admiral

I tried using an app on my iPad that kept a full record of any plane or helicopter including a photo, configuration, flight record and battery usage records, the only problem I had was keeping it up to date. I dumped it a couple of years ago and now can't find it or remember the name, but I'm sure there is something like it still out there.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi Keith, hope all is well. The one important thing I learn, record keeping was to look at that log book daily. And the Quality Control inspectors were like birds of prey always looking over your shoulder. They could spot a little mistake no matter how high they hovered. Every soldier kept a note pad on their person to remind ourselves to check this and check that. Thought I was writing a diary at times:nightmare:. Those log books were an official document subject to inspection 24/7. God help you if they found things not done correctly. Knowing we don't have to go that far in the hobby. But it did install in me the appreciation of knowing the status of my aircraft. :peaceful:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Your so right Geena, I needed that advice from you. If you crash so you crash. Just pick your self up and try again. Have to overcome the fear, lord knows I had my share. Had my Red Bull and not going to wait until spring to start flying again. :banana: I can do a lot of practice in my large garage. And if weather permits will go outside. Made a promise to myself to wear out my Lipo batteries this fall/winter and get some more.

Top Bottom