How Many Flights Before You Crashed?

Graham Lawrie

I am starting to get a little bit worried. I have now gone 3 days and 12 batteries woth of hovering and no crashes! ! This is a record for me:)

How long have you gone and how long till I crash? :)

Lee

No crashes for about a year now, and that was a Beastx crash not a dumb thumb. I think the last dumb thumb i had was over two years ago. Most of my crashes have been mechanical issues.

stokke

The longest I went was about 90 flights. Then, after getting my first crash over with, I started crashing more frequently. Now I have an interval of about 75 flights between crashes - usually caused by recklessness.

Last edited:

Derek

My very first rc plane crash happened on the maiden flight. it was ugly! I have about 4 "actual" flights with my Trex 500 and dozens of hovers and haven't crashed yet. its bound to happen sometime.

Westy

LEGEND
those records are good to have Graham! .... I had over 409 days with no smashes ... now it is 2 ;) ... I have to say mine was controller related ... but I might have saved it if I was not centending with a Heli Vs house scenarios LMAO

Tony

Staff member
Crashed my first heli on the first spool up. However now, I have quite a few flights and no crashes. I don't think I have crashed in over a year. However I have not flown much either.

pvolcko

Depends on the heli. The more expensive they are the more I tend to be careful with them and also keep altitude for recovering from mistakes. 700E, nothing in a dozen or so, so far. 550, 1 crash in a take-off tip over, otherwise nothing in 30+ so far. 300, I can barely keep it in the air for 10 flights before I screw somethign up, but I use it as my trainer and experiment with it much more than the others, also tend to fly lower altitudes through maneuvers. 120SR been a while since I flew it, usually crash it indoors because it is no where near as responsive as the collective-pitch helis I've become used to, also flying too tight a spece with too many obstacles. nCPx, crash it a lot. 5 times a flight, a lot. :) It sucks up abuse.

treff

I'm getting to be a real expert at pruning trees in the garden. Boy! are those main blades sharp. Record so far without a crash.............................................to embarrassed to say. Let me put it this way. China have just named one of their slow boats after me. Cheers

callsign4223

Staff member
I'm in the same boat with pvolcko. My old blade 400 went dozens of flights before I crashed it, and that was due to a mechanical issue. My Trex 450 I have never crashed and will weep like a little girl the first time I do crash it. My MCPx and 130x though, if I'm not crashing them every flight then I'm not trying hard enough. My MCPx has crashed more times than it's landed. Both the little ones are my real life sims, and their so small and cheap to repair that they may as well have reset buttons on them :)

Westy

LEGEND
Excellent Work Graham!

you will be nose right and nose left in no time !!!!! remember to keep practicing those bail out moves to return to the loved and trusted tail in hover .... that you have so painstakingly learned to master!

;)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
mine... somedays.. first flight.. like I crashed my 700 on its maiden.. other times I go months before digging one in .. recent one I had was on warp y'all might have seen.. that was after 25 flights.

Vibe has had 20 flights after its blades broke in a failed auto.. but it goes through regular upgrades / servicings... so like right now.. its going through a mod.. and will be ready this week hopefully.. and if it does.. it will be a new bird flight 0 .. lol .. :D

i tend to stop counting.. cause it makes me nervous sometimes and over confident others.. lol BOTH are extremely BAD

Slobberdog

got I think 16 batteries on my 450, and starting to love it, not pushing anything with this one,

unlike my 130x which is my proper learning platform, not as worried with that one, and find i am now having less crashes with that as well, I think that has got to be about 12 batteries since the last down, and only really stripped an "A" gear out of all my crashes oh and 1 "C" gear, lol

Got to get more open air time now though as School holidays are coming and my hall is not available while school is out..........:grey:..................hope mother nature is gonna be kind this year.

Top Bottom