Power Supply's 1000 Watt Power Supply Build Guide iCharger 306B EP Buddy Parallel Board Deans

Tony

Staff member
Re: Article: 1000 Watt Power Supply Build Guide iCharger 306B EP Buddy Parallel Board

Yeah, I would not get one of the cheap quad chargers. They look good in the way they explain them, but when you get them, they are no better than an AC6 or B6AC.

I can assure you Kev, if you order two of these PSU's, you can do this mod. It's not hard and the only thing you need is a Phillips screwdriver, small flat blade screwdriver and some hot glue. You will need scissors to cut some of the insulation away to use as an isolation break like I showed in the video. It's a very simple mod, a lot of people just over think it. And for $15 for 575w's of power at 12v, you just can't beat that.

Slobberdog

Re: Article: 1000 Watt Power Supply Build Guide iCharger 306B EP Buddy Parallel Board

Thanks for the info Tony, and the words of wisdom, pulled the trigger and got 2 psu's ordered, cost approx $50 but that's compared to the $300 price tag for a proper unit over here,

What gauge wire and connectors and heat shrink did you use?

Tony

Staff member

I used 10ga wire, but if you are putting this into 4mm bullet connectors, then use 12ga wire. You will never even come close to the max amp rating on 12ga wire.

Slobberdog

Can I charge 3 2200 3s and 2 2250 3s at the same time on a paraboard, or do they have to all be the same?

Tony

Staff member

That will be just fine. You have to match the voltage and make sure each battery is within 2% of each other. Don't plug in a battery that is 3.7 volts and a battery that is 4.0 volts. Bad things start to happen.

Slobberdog

Thanks Tony, now just need to find me a charger. Might have to get a 3010b instead, depends on the lead time for the 306b as no stock this side of the pond.

Tony

Staff member

Also remember, your max charge rate is that of your smallest battery. You still add all batteries together on the mah and divide by 1000 to reach your 1c charge rate. But, if you are charging drastically different batteries, such as a 1000mah and a 2200mah battery, then you will use your smaller battery charge rate and multiply by the number of batteries you are charging. I hope this makes sense.

Tony

Staff member

Look at the site, Giant Shark. I saw a 306 on there for less than 200 euro, or whatever you guys use over there.

Slobberdog

Yes perfectly, but only got what I have said above, come to think of it I will have room for one more on the board, he he

- - - Updated - - -

Out of stock, rc-hero on pre order for £115 or $180 or as stated they have in stock the 3010b for £145 or $225

Tony

Staff member

In that case, you will just use your 2200mah battery charge rate, and multiply by the number of batteries connected. You will like it.

Tony

Staff member

Might want to check here in the USA and compare the price with shipping to that of over there. The difference from teh 306 and 3010 is one will charge up to 6s and the other will charge up to 10s. Most will only need a 6s. But, gotta take what you can get if everything is out of stock lol.

Slobberdog

Yeah well it will come down to how long it will take them to get one from the supplier to the shop then to me, not in too much of a rush, will ring them tomorrow, 10s is over kill, never gonna need it, lol

Only other option would be the powerlab 6

- - - Updated - - -

Shipping is a killer from the US

Tony

Staff member

The powerlab would be a better option in all reality. It's good for up to 40 amps rather than the 30 of the icharger.

Slobberdog

We will see!!!!!!!!!

Tony

Staff member

w00t!

Slobberdog

guys how have you got the output wires fixed under the heat srink,

Tony

Staff member

Click on the link in the first post of this thread (or if you are in the articles section, click on the video) and jump to 11:27. There you can see my setup. I just soldered two bullet connectors between the two pins in the center. It's a very tight fit, and soldering it requires a hot iron, but ti's worth it.

Slobberdog

Yeah I seen that but me and my curiosity would have liked to see under the heat shrink,

Tony

Staff member

I have some thoughts of changing it, and if I do, I will take some pictures and post them up.

Top Bottom