Power Supply's 1000 Watt Power Supply Build Guide iCharger 306B EP Buddy Parallel Board Deans

Slobberdog

Re: Article: 1000 Watt Power Supply Build Guide iCharger 306B EP Buddy Parallel Board

I have just read that if you do the ground mod you can't use that supply on its own anymore and it has to be used on the 24v side,

Tony

Staff member
Re: Article: 1000 Watt Power Supply Build Guide iCharger 306B EP Buddy Parallel Board

I will leave that answer to Gaba. However, getting rid of any ground is a risk but required if running in series. Might want to use 12v from the grounded PSU just to be safe. But, let Gaba explain more in depth.

Tasajara

I tried out my PowerSupply today worked GREAT... the fans never went to high speed.
Could be that my current charger will only do 20 amps max.
Anyway I put 10,230 mAh in my batteries in less than an Hour.

1000 Watt PSU.JPG

1000 Watt PSU.JPG

Slobberdog

I will leave that answer to Gaba. However, getting rid of any ground is a risk but required if running in series. Might want to use 12v from the grounded PSU just to be safe. But, let Gaba explain more in depth.

Thanks Tony not to worried cos that was oh I got it set up.

Used mine today as the wind seemed no to bad, but when I got to the field it was a bit to much for me,

Charged 3 2200's in 24 mins putting 4400 mah in and the charger did not even break into a sweat,

Tasajara

Here is the Finished Product...
And I LIKE IT !!!

The flames are Fluorescent Orange but camera want pick that up...
15 -1000 Watt PSU.JPG17 -1000 Watt PSU.JPG16 -1000 Watt PSU.JPG

15 -1000 Watt PSU.JPG

16 -1000 Watt PSU.JPG

17 -1000 Watt PSU.JPG

callsign4223

Staff member

That is sweet looking Craig.

flybymonty

Tony
I have a question ,I did the whole gig with 2 HP power supplies.
Also Icharger 306B.
Everything works great!
Im plugging each power supply seperatley into a double 110 outlet, one on each side & wondering
if it is possible to use a Y type cord & plug into one side of wall outlet only.
It would clean up the need to carry 2 power cords,
Would appreciate any help on this subject.
Thanx
Monty

RandyDSok

Tony
Also Icharger 306B.
Everything works great!
Im plugging each power supply seperatley into a double 110 outlet, one on each side & wondering
if it is possible to use a Y type cord & plug into one side of wall outlet only.
Thanx
Monty

A typical US wall outlet only supports about 20 amps... that is why it is recommended to use outlets from two different circuits, so you don't overload one.

RandyDSok

While in the end what I said gets the same results.... it isn't technically correct.

I just said outlet and should have said the total circuit rating for that outlet... ie the breaker, wiring and the outlet itself. That is the maximum you will see, some circuits can also have lower ratings depending on what they were designed for.

callsign4223

Staff member
While it is true that a circuit in the house is generally 20 amps, that is 20 amps at 120 volts. That is over 2000 watts of current. The iCharger 306b only pulls 1000 watts maximum. You should be fine plugging both power supplies into the same circuit. The rating on the HP power supply is it's maximum capability, it will only pull what is being drawn out of it by the charger plus some overhead for losses in the system. The 50amp rating of the 306b is on the DC side at 23v.

flybymonty

Thank you so much Callsign.
Now I can proceed the way I was hoping to set up.
One plug in wire that I can carry in the case w/other items.
Plug it in & turn switch on.
Rather than 2 power cords. Taking up space.

Tony

Staff member
Tony
Also Icharger 306B.
Everything works great!
Thanx
Monty
When I built my charger case, I actually used the ends of two PSU power cables, and soldered them to a single female plug that mounted to the case, to which I plug in one power cable for the entire system. I ran it like this for quite a while and never had a single issue. Even when Matt and I were charging who knows how many packs and pushing the system to its limits lol. Oh, the good ole days when Matt and I both used to fly.... lol

But yes, You can use a Y power cord for the two as long as your homes wiring can withstand it. If you are only on a 10a breaker, you may have some issues, but you are plugging both into the same outlet now, so that outlet is acting like your Y adapter...

Top Bottom