Scale 450 UH-1C

Jimbo

I did this ship in a 230s size, but it met with a mishap and is no longer with us. So I decided to do it again in a larger version.

Taped off, primered and the rivet lines are drawn. Now it is time to start riveting.

Jim

450C.JPG

450B.JPG

450A.JPG

Last edited:

Geena

Staff member
That`s going to be awesome when it`s finished. I hope you`ll keep us up to date on the progress of this project. :)

Jimbo

Thank you Geena. It is going to be the one in my profile picture and I will keep this thread updated. It will even have a sound system, with the iconic, Huey, rotor blade sound.

I will keep a detailed build log Tony.

Thanks Rick. Now you see where to put your rivet lines. I kept these to a minimum.

Jim

Tony

Staff member
This is going to be a fantastic build! You guys are taking this scale stuff to the next level!

Jimbo

Tony, I have been building models all my life and really love doing the detail work. Now if I could only learn to fly as well as I can build them. :biggrin1:

Jim

Tony

Staff member
Oh trust me, I know full well what you are saying there! lmao. I would rather build all day long rather than fly.

Jimbo

Finished the last of the rivets about an hour ago and the OD paint arrived this afternoon. Perfect timing. A tad bit of sanding and paint tomorrow.

Jim

Jimbo

LOL!! I missed a row of rivets along the bottom of the door. Sometimes it is hard to see on the primered fuselage. The canopy glue takes on the color beneath it when it dies, so I added them last night. Final paint today and then I'll do the weathering wash tomorrow. Still have markings, weapons system and sound system to do, so still a ways to go. Getting closer however.

Jim

Top Bottom