Scale Agusta A109

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
You can rant, curse or wish them the worst. It just comes down to no one seem to care anymore. No pride in there work, fellow man or woman. They tell you what you want to hear to keep you happy. Sad times :frown:

Tony

Staff member
So update to this situation. I filed the claim with the carrier and put a very clear picture from the invoice HeliDirect provides which shows a unit price on the right, and a quantity above the item picture.

This claim was for a quantity of 3, USPS gave me a check for a quantity of 1. So I filed an appeal.

DENIED - Not enough proof of value

I had HeliDirect send me over a very detailed invoice with quantities, tracking number, unit prices, everything...

DENIED - Not enough proof of value.

So I have a check for $100/ish and I'm still out $200. I told HeliDirect I was done and I wanted my money and I'm over getting the run around. So they asked for the documents including an image of the check they sent me. Um NO! As I told them in my email back to them, I don't even trust my mother that much. But I did send the first letter and the top of the check stub and the first denial letter. I have yet to receive the second as they do not email, USPS still wastes as much paper as they can.

So it's in HeliDirect's hands once again. Let's see where it goes from here...

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Damm Tony that really sucks! I hate hearing about a company like them, try to get over. Have you ever consider writing the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint?

Tony

Staff member
Fun fact, the BBB is a third party and they cannot really do anything about it other than posting a report or giving a grade. And I think their current grade says a lot.... Granted, there is nothing to read, but one closed in the last 3 years.... No one has wanted to post a good review about them.

Oh, and on the helidirect website, there is one page where they say their location is Middletwon Indiana.... Just another small poke for a chuckle as they did not proof read their own website.

Edit: Third party review site

Tony

Staff member
I had a company that just completely raked me over the coals with a product and I thought the BBB were someone that could do something. So I filed a complaint. From what I understand, as long as the company you are complaining about responds to the complaint, the BBB doesn't care. I provided proof (this is starting to sound familiar....) the product I purchased was defective, and the BBB were like "so?".

Here is the last reply I received from them about this company.

The BBB said:
Good Day Tony,

The Better Business Bureau is a private, non-profit organization that acts as a neutral third party facilitator of complaints between businesses and consumers. The BBB does not take sides in a dispute, but assists in the communication between parties. The BBB sent your complaint to the company, who did not respond. Your complaint will be kept on the company’s record for three years.

The BBB processes over 60,000 complaints per year and successfully assists in the resolution of many disputes. However, we cannot guarantee the outcome to the satisfaction of all parties involved. We regret the outcome of your complaint is not to your satisfaction, but we have assisted you according to our procedures,I am providing you with resources that may be of benefit to you.

Federal Trade Commission: (202) 326-2222

California Department of Consumer Affairs: (800) 952-5210
I have never, will never and never stated I ever lived in California. And if you live there (person reading this lol), and you like it, great! I just will never live there. Too many products in that state are "Known to the state of Caner to cause California" :biggrin-new:

So yea, They are a moderator, that about sums it up.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Wow what a wakeup call for me. This is something else, truly disappointed in how this went down. Well after what you went thru, I won't be buying anything from HeliDirect. Just took my name off their mailing list. And my overall opinion of BBB IS THUMBS DOWN!

Tony

Staff member
I'm waiting to see where this latest report goes. If it's like before, it will be weeks, I will have to contact them and ask what is going on, and they will reply with "they never got back to us". I'm really holding out hope they will make things right, however if they do not, then I will have my answer on the company and it may be time to make a new video.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm waiting to see where this latest report goes. If it's like before, it will be weeks, I will have to contact them and ask what is going on, and they will reply with "they never got back to us". I'm really holding out hope they will make things right, however if they do not, then I will have my answer on the company and it may be time to make a new video.
:scratchchin:I never had a problem with HeliDirect before. I deal with A Main Hobbie since Geena deals with & recommended them. I remember you helping me get my money back on a heli way back when from Bangood. So I hope you have good results with HeliDirect to resolve this situation.

Tony

Staff member
I have not unfortunately. And shocker, no response from HeliDirect either... What a horrible company.

I was able to locate more servos on ebay that were still new so I grabbed them up. Hoping to get back on this soon.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thank you for that information Tony on HeliDirect. That's why I'm not a betting man. I would have bet that HeliDirect will make it right but I guess not. That sucks.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I'm not happy about it at all, but you can't make a company stand behind their products they sell. I work in retail and if a customer doesn't get their shipment for whatever reason, we replace it or refund it. Cost doesn't matter. I have replaced a $10,000 order before. But, HeliDirect wants to hide behind their bullshit "pay us $3.00 to stand behind our products" which if you think about it, is extorsion. But, shows their true colors.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Tony you are well known in the hobby and to disrespect is no excuse. Word gets around and when others start comparing notes, Helidirect is in deep trouble when it comes to future growth. :nightmare:

Last edited:
Top Bottom