Micro Bade 120 SR Setup

bigone5500

Anybody here have the correct setup parameters for this model? I don't think I have it right in my transmitter. I'm going to try the setup for my 120 S but don't think it will work right as it is FBL.

Rackman

Sweet well i have a DX7s here and of course i don't that bird anymore but to start off you'll want to set it up as a model type Acro not heli.. I made that mistake when setting up mine .. just looking here found a PDF file using towerhobbies.com that can help with your setup BLH100-Manual-DE.pdf hopefully this will help

bigone5500

So here's what I did. I setup the Tx with setings from my 120 S. The thing still would not fly without banking hard to the left. After some inspection I found that the skids were bent. So I heated them up and got the frame level...ish. Still no flight. So I measured the servo linkages and they are right on spec at 37mm. I held it in my hand and spooled it up slightly and there was a log of vibration in it. One of the blades has a small chip but I thought it wouldn't cause any issue. So I swapped the blades on my 120S (which are the same blades) and tried it again. This time I got it in the air but the thing is very squirrelly. Also my battery wasn't fully charged so I am at the moment charging a battery and will report back with my findings.

bigone5500

Finally! I got it off the ground for about a minute. I'm inside my house so I can't do much but I got it off the ground in a wild hover. I'll need to setup a little expo as 0 makes inputs very jerky. With the rain and all right now outside flight isn't going to happen. But at this point I'm happy with it.

Rackman

Sweet I would say your making great head way for the squarely..in flight I would probably add some expo..my transmitter has 70/40 for rate & expo..:arms:

bigone5500

Last night I got it to somewhat hover. Now today, I charged 4 batteries and went outside. This thing spools up and spins uncontrollable to the left. Inputs do nothing.

I can fully trim to the right and hold right rudder, still spins full tilt to the left.

What could have happened?????

Rackman

wow sounds as if the tail motor may be seeing its last days or the control board could have somethin wrong there.. I'm sorry bud but I really don't have an answer for this one ..my mcpx-bl did this same thing & I just ended up letting it go for parts ..

Tony

Staff member
If it flew fine previously, not sure what is going on then. As you stated, may be a bad unit.

Top Bottom