Local Hobby Shops (lhs) Should Support You!!!

THE lhs near me(2 of them) are good for selling you stuff.One problem one of the hobby stores that i used to deal with is that they lie,about getting parts ordered for you and lie about things(parts) you are looking for I.E go in a lhs and say do you have this for this Rc ,and they say yes....this will work.Get home try it and low and behold it does not work at all.
The other lhs in my area is great the owner/operator is the main tech guy and he really knows his stuff.You ask him ..will this work for my......, i garentee he will get you the right part for it.If it doesnt work he tells you to bring it back.If he doesnt have ..more and likly he will order it for you or find out who has it(not his store) and he will tell you to get it there.This LHS basicly bends over backwards to get what you want/need.Even thou they are ALWAYS busy and you have to take a nuber..The staff there is great, you can teaze them, joke with them,etc,etc

BOKI

muranakar ;Glad to see you had some good luck with a Local Hobby Shop! The only one I have good luck with is Cobblestone Hobbies Holland Michigan !Phone 616-396-3029 They don't have a Web site but they will go out of there way to make sure you get what you want ! Tell them you were heard good about them! Good to be back & see your comment! :lol: :twothumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

nitro208ca;Glad to see you found someone to help you out also! Rc guy's need a good tech & good honest people to help us in our hobby! The Best & Have a Great Day! :lol: :twothumbsup:

Microbus

RC Hobbies in Woodinville has been really good to me. They're only 1 mile from my house and they always have the parts I need. In the few weeks that I've been going there the heli guy has always been really helpful. He's knows I'm a beginner so he takes his time to answer all my questions and explain things for me. He has never treated me poorly or ever made me feel stupid because of the things I don't know.

Today I planned on stopping by on my lunch break, but we ended up having to work through lunch so I didn't get to go. That wasn't really a big deal since I could just go after work. About 15 minutes before COB my buddy texted me telling me that mid-afternoon they closed the doors for good. I went by on my way home to see what was going on and sure enough there was a note on the door that they had ceased operations.

RIP to another good LHS.

Tony

Staff member
That really sucks. It's always the good ones that are having issues and teh crappy ones that are cut throat and a-holes that keep going. Sorry to hear about them going out of business.

xokia

I was into RC trucks 7 or 10 years back. I swore that every employee at every hobby store was a complete moron. I was spending thousands of dollars ordering parts and everytime I would call in asking about a part I would get treated like it was a hasle for them to look it up. I stopped dealing with them and did mostly internet shopping.

I only recently started messing around with RC toys again when I got a helicopter. I experienced the same thing when I went in for help with my helicopter. Although I think the store must have caught on because the one kid I had issues with had a complete attitude change shortly after.

I try and support local hobby stores as much as I can but only if it goes both ways. On the flip side of that we dont really know what their average customer is. So I generally cut them some slack its only repeat offenders that I wont continue to give my buisness. Everyone is allowed to have a bad day every now and then.

talberter

My LHS stocks many things from Horizon Hobby. I recently purchased a beginner Helicopter from them and they have been very supportive of my recent endeavor. They have been very patient with all my dumb questions. I purchased an extra battery and didn't think about letting the Heli cool down in between flights. As a result I messed up one of the motors. I went to the LHS and was going to purchase 2 new motors and they suggested that I contact Horizon Hobby by phone. I did and they sent me 2 new motors, no questions asked. They could have taken my money and sent me down the road, but they tried to help me out since I purchased the Heli from them. I have since have returned the whole Heli and transmitter to Horizon for service. They said they would more than likely replace the whole thing rather than try and fix it.

If you think about it, the owner/staff are there for two reasons.1)staff is to make there hourly pay 2) the owner is there to make money.
BUT...The point of having a shop in this hobby....The owner somewhere in the process deciding to have this shop for this hobby did at one point really wanted to help others(must of).
If the owners dont relize that the better they treat us the more buisness and money they will get.
The most inportant thing to me when i go to a LHS is honesty.If there not honest with me they will loss my buisness and i will spread the word to other RC'ERs.In this hobby the best way of doing that is the net

heli_aviator

I would rather spend more money at my local hobby shop than shop on line. I want to get help today, not 2-3 weeks later, from an online RC store. Plus I help my community keep people emplolyed. FIY... My local hobby has always treated me with respect and gave all the attention I needed. It was more than 3 weeks before I purchased some thing and all the times I went in there to drool on Helicopters and transmiters, no one ever gave me a hard time or ignored me.

My shop is....

RC Street Shop
5521 E. Spring Street
Long Beach, CA 90815
562-425-9000
Jeff, Gen Mgr.
Tell him Mel (heli_aviator) sent you.

wolfman76

WOW !!! good deal aviator they really have a good selection on their site nice share man might have to give them some business in the future...

Tony

Staff member
Make sure to go to them and give them the link to this post and the post number. Help us little guys out here at Rc-Help.com.

tupac123456789

I have also found this to be true. I live in a bigger city so I have more than one LHS to choose from. I found a reputable dealer that has more than one store in different cities so I thought I would try them out. I was one hundred percent treated like trash. I asked a couple of questions about battery chargers and bought a pair of ball link pliers. And the guys working there and the owner wouldn't give me the time of day. Then i found a little hole in the wall LHS around the corner from my office and those guys are the best. One of the employee's lives around the corner from me and offered to come over to my house and help me set-up my new heli. Will alwasy give these guys my money for what ever I might need.
Hobby shop is called Dynamic Hobbies in Ottawa Ontario. Great guys work in there. Its alwasy busy but they try and help everyone as best they can paying customers or not.

Lee

Maybe we should start a list of shops that people have had good experiences with. Help out those guys looking for good customer care.

wolfman76

I agree lee but my LHS does not sell anything online just in store... Plus the local airfield that is just down the road from the shop (Barnstormers rc club) i have been told that their airstrip is longest in Indiana... Dont know how true that is..

murankar

Staff member
I was thinking the same thing. Have a tab next to the store tab. On there would be a static page of shops addresses and a web link if they have one.

Of course this means more work, but in the end we can have a list of local shops that can get recognized.

Tony

Staff member
More coding huh... I will see what i can do lol. It will be a bit though. If I do it, I will create a page that is very organized.

Aero hobbies

Lewisville Texas

Rc Zone
Frisco

And Plano location

Love these shops!

Aero hobbies is helicopter grail. Everything you need or need to order... They can even order from companies where you save shipping cost!!! :)

Also they ship to anywhere in the US... I asked about shipping to OK.. For Rc-help helicopter. He said you order today before the mail man picks up, you'll have it at your home next day ;)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

I just visited this place Sunday. I was drooling! He has everything in stock. He wants to hook me up with an Align 450 dfc. He recommends Beast X... Its a cool place. Are you in DFW Gabba...

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
I'm one of those who does not have a local shop so I'm forced to order via internet, however I do order from a company that is around an hour away...there called helidirect, very good customer service, they answer my dumb questions with good answers.
the only other hobby shop near me is strictly ground, so that's no use to a rc modeler who happens to fly rather than drive. A thanks to all for letting us know what the good the bad, and the ugly of hobby shops looks like, and which ones are which.

Top Bottom