Posting On This Forum

RandyDSok

illhillbilly78

To simply acknowledge a post... just click on the Like button. There is no reason to quote/reply to a post unless you have something to say or add to it. It's also quicker I feel... of course you can use the like button for the normal stuff ( liking, loving, Haha, etc ) as well... an empty quote/reply just seems like so much wasted space IMO

RandyDSok

hmm.. whatevr do u mean?

Look in the lower right corner of each post... It's has a thumbs up with the word Like right next to it...

Do it however you wish... was just trying to help you understand with something you didn't appear to know already. Still, I'd recommend not quoting something if you aren't going to make a reply to that quote since it just junks up the forum with useless crap.

illhillbilly78

To simply acknowledge a post... just click on the Like button. There is no reason to quote/reply to a post unless you have something to say or add to it. It's also quicker I feel... of course you can use the like button for the normal stuff ( liking, loving, Haha, etc ) as well... an empty quote/reply just seems like so much wasted space IMO

Look in the lower right corner of each post... It's has a thumbs up with the word Like right next to it...

Do it however you wish... was just trying to help you understand with something you didn't appear to know already. Still, I'd recommend not quoting something if you aren't going to make a reply to that quote since it just junks up the forum with useless crap.

this site is just poorly designed..i cant even attach a 1080 pic. says the file size is too large..its very confusing and difficult to navigate around...if you want ta send someone a message...it should have a "send message" to click..like evry other forum on the internet..simple..easy to use ..think ill just go to a different one ...and u can "quote me on that" lol

RandyDSok

To me... "Send Message" or "Start Conversation" are saying the same thing but with different wording, it's subjective as to which it's called and for the reasons I stated, they reworded it since it can be for several people at a time instead of just a single person at a time like most places on the web. It isn't any harder to do or get at and I get it why they chose to use slightly different wording in order to convey that difference.

I get it on the file size misunderstanding, a lot of people confuse resolution of a picture ( 1080 or 1920x1080 to be precise using the standard resolutions ) versus the physical size of the file in megabytes ( Mb ) which is what is being mentioned.

As an example of that... the following pic is under the 4Mb size limit but is at a resolution of 4000x3001 ... the file size is only 1.6Mb. The original that this was resized from is the same resolution but was 6.5Mb in size. Typically, when resizing say a JPG pic, a compression factor of 80-90% will get the file size down to a "reasonable" size that most forums will take but every forum will differ in what their file size and resolutions limits are. Web hosts charge by the bandwidth and disk space that a website uses, so limits must be made depending on how much the website can afford to spend on those limits. If everything in life was free and unlimited, perhaps then it would be unreasonable to set limits, but that isn't how things are in life.

I typically only use around a 1080 sized photo on the web personally these days ( long ago, I only used 800x600 but it was an appropriate resolution at that time ) and take in account the file size as well. I used a size that is large here only as an example of the different limits and to show size and resolution of a picture are different things. Photo apps and programs that allow resizing and rescaling the resolution are available for both phones and PC's, many of which are free, so it's only a matter of finding one that you like to use.

Piper Cub on Lake_P9250118_2010-09-25_On1_4000_resized.jpg

Last edited:
To me... "Send Message" or "Start Conversation" are saying the same thing but with different wording, it's subjective as to which it's called and for the reasons I stated, they reworded it since it can be for several people at a time instead of just a single person at a time like most places on the web. It isn't any harder to do or get at and I get it why they chose to use slightly different wording in order to convey that difference.

I get it on the file size misunderstanding, a lot of people confuse resolution of a picture ( 1080 or 1920x1080 to be precise using the standard resolutions ) versus the physical size of the file in megabytes ( Mb ) which is what is being mentioned.

As an example of that... the following pic is under the 4Mb size limit but is at a resolution of 4000x3001 ... the file size is only 1.6Mb. The original that this was resized from is the same resolution but was 6.5Mb in size. Typically, when resizing say a JPG pic, a compression factor of 80-90% will get the file size down to a "reasonable" size that most forums will take but every forum will differ in what their file size and resolutions limits are. Web hosts charge by the bandwidth and disk space that a website uses, so limits must be made depending on how much the website can afford to spend on those limits. If everything in life was free and unlimited, perhaps then it would be unreasonable to set limits, but that isn't how things are in life.

I typically only use around a 1080 sized photo on the web personally these days ( long ago, I only used 800x600 but it was an appropriate resolution at that time ) and take in account the file size as well. I used a size that is large here only as an example of the different limits and to show size and resolution of a picture are different things. Photo apps and programs that allow resizing and rescaling the resolution are available for both phones and PC's, many of which are free, so it's only a matter of finding one that you like to use.

View attachment 24079
well arnt you just a trove of knowledge!! lol well friend ..yeah...if i cant simply take a pic..attach it..and send that over megabyted lil sumbitch on his way to whomever ...then im good ...lol ..im aint about ta go resizing files n shit just ta send a simple picture..lol ...but i suppose for fellas like urself..who (pardon the expression)could easily be the ceo of the geek squad ..its not a big deal...as for me..im not good with all this new technology..i work outside building stuff...lol..i do good to operate the basic features of my smartphone! lol...good day!

RandyDSok

well arnt you just a trove of knowledge!! lol well friend ..yeah...if i cant simply take a pic..attach it..and send that over megabyted lil sumbitch on his way to whomever ...then im good ...lol ..im aint about ta go resizing files n shit just ta send a simple picture..lol ...but i suppose for fellas like urself..who (pardon the expression)could easily be the ceo of the geek squad ..its not a big deal...as for me..im not good with all this new technology..i work outside building stuff...lol..i do good to operate the basic features of my smartphone! lol...good day!

Got it.. you want to go through life not having to learn anything and just have it all handed to you on a platter. Then be sarcastic to those that are trying to help others and actually pass on information... duly noted.

Top Bottom