Rch flight log

cml001

Well... The 450 is in need of a boom, TT, & blades.. I'll check the rest of her once I finish be'n pissed at myself... Had several fun flights on the 550 & 450... Sun got in position the I needed my sunglasses.. I was fly'n the 450 at the time.. As I have been working on my autos... I auto'd on down and landed on a patch of red dirt and saw the tail blades kick up(dig in a bit actually) so dirt... Wasn't major or anything so I grabbed my glasses outta the truck and flicked it back to spool up.. Brought up easy enough.. Went to give pitch and get some altitude while in a turn.. She started spinning.. All I could do was flick on hold and watch her go down.... I'm thinking I had dirt in the tail and it stuck or something... I don't know.. Gotta break her down & clean her up.. Run over everything and order parts if needed.. Not sure what's in the "spare" box... But.. The 550 was a blast!! Absolutely love it!

murankar

Staff member
That or some stripped gears. I would be thinking stripped gears. If tour tail ever digs into something you need to check the tail drive gears.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

cml001

Thanks Uri.. But after inspecting it this morning I do believe I had dirt in it causing the slider to stick.. Good news is all parts are on hand.. I just need to pick an evening to break it down, clean her up, & rebuild... I like our field that we fly at... But hate the spot of dirt.. Red dirt on the top w GA red clay underneath.. It's terrible for about a week after a good storm/rain.. Then after that it looks loose.. But drag ur foot to expose the clay under neath.. When dry it's as hard as concrete almost.. She will live to fight another day!

- - - Updated - - -

Canopy... I do need another now... Both my "ballroom" & my "battle gear" canopys look like crap!

dwmoore

Today was the first Flight of 450 without training gear, first flight with GoPro mounted, first use of GoPro Studio to edit the clip and add music. Soon as it finishes uploading to Youtube, Ill post it. Flew 2 packs, calm morning air, 450 flying very well! Still learning how to lose altitude gracefully, she was quite a ways up there on 2nd flight!

Slobberdog

Well I flew a couple of packs through the 250 first thing this morning, tuning the pots for best flight that I could, and I freaking love how the 250 now performs, the little bird will piro on the spot, and it's so stable, with the settings I got in the bird it feels more stable than my 500,

Then I got to fly the 500 tonight, it was a bit more windy as we went through the day, so I boxed the 250 in favour of the big bird,

Charged two batteries and off I went, have not played with this heli in a few weeks due to family hols and weather etc, and when I spooled it up, it was like OMG that's loud, blades displace so much more air than my 250, and you hear it, lol

Went to the local field which was empty, great I thought, took the mobile for the app, and to do a bit more fine tuning, but low and behold when I went to go into app all I got was no licence, great, it would seem you have to connect with a wifi or network signal now and again to verify the app, one to note for the future,

Well let's just have some fun, so flew two batteries and had a blast, I have got to find my cap mount so I can video something, got to say the ikon on this heli has made it into a monster, feels so steady and precise that I love it, tail piros are blistering and I can piro with the heli traveling across in front of me with this set up, could not even think of doing it with the 3gx, and the tail feels steady as a rock and very predictable which the 3gx did not in the end,

A good day I have had and both heli's came home in one piece,

pvolcko

Put some flights on at the RAMS club Northeast helijam. 3.5 flights. Don't worry, the 1/2 was being told to land for fireworks setup, not a crash. I was outclassed by pretty much every pilot there (Kyle Stacy and Kyle Dahl not the least of them!). But still got out there and flew a few. Truth be told I really like to watch the other, better pilots more than fly my "routine". I did try some backwards flight and funnels and did okay for no practice before hand. Still, much rather watch a good pilot do their thing at these events. :)

Top Bottom