Two months in on my Blade 450 3D

Bradsd

Alright been flying helis now for about two months maybe a little longer. I finally had someone around to take some video of it today. I didn't 3d, it was a tight space and still a little to nervous yet. I think the next time I take it out I might do some flips and a little inverted up high.

Blade 450 3D Spool up and blast off - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
Hey Brad, great flying bro! Coming along nicely for only a couple months of flying. Keep the videos coming!

Bradsd

Nice flight! Find somewhere you can fly unrestricted! You'll be glad you did!

Ken

It would be nice! I am not much of a club guy, been flying planes for many years at a private local airport pretty much by myself with permission of course. He recently sold to a guy who is installing a drag strip so that is out now so I am trying to decide what to do. I tried the club for a couple years and just do not care for it. To much argument and complaining and not much fun. Flying 3d/hovering directly over the field is very popular there so the field was constanly jammed up it seemed. Although I guess since im a heli guy now I can hover right there with them. I used to fly warbirds esp the top flite series and those guys hovering really drove me away from the club.

Ken Jackson

I choose helicopters for that reason. Pretty much fly where ever I find. Never around other people. I had my helicopter with me coming home from work one day and had to stop at Menards. The sun was setting and I knew I wouldn't make it to my favorite place. There was a large empty field next to the parking lot so I just flew out over the field.

My general rules to use any place I choose.
1) I won't get in trouble for being there
2) lots of room and accessible if I happened to lose it, don't fly over a field you wouldn't walk across.
3) the sun is behind me even if its cloudy

Look at areas around you that fit my criteria and you will find a couple places worthy of your skill level.

Most elementary schools on the weekends have no one around. People are always suggesting flying clubs, but when I fly I need to concentrate, don't want any distractions and don't want to wait my turn, a little selfish I suppose but hey it's 'me' time. I do have a few friends come fly at my place and I go to theirs but this forum is a great place for information and no club politics to deal with.

Just my opinion!
Ken
Don't need a runway for a helicopter!
:excitement:

Bradsd

Good post and I do exactly like you do. I have the HS baseball field just 4 blocks away and I fly there when no one is around. I never fly around people at all unless it is my family and then it is done at safe distance. About 1/2 mile away is the football practice field which is open a lot. And the video was made at an old abondon park with a old unkeept softball field that is near my work. Its a little small but it works when the others are not available. I switched from .60 size nitro warbirds to 450 and less helis and a few park flyer airplanes just for these reasons.

Ken Jackson

I've been flying a year and a half. Never flew planes but would try it now. Lots of simulator time and helicopter experience. Thought I'd share one if my videos with you. Don't know if you've made it into the HD video section yet.
Ken

Modified 500 PRO - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

Duh this is the video section.
:hopelessness:

Goodnight.

Bradsd

Great flying, you need you a camera person. Id like to be at your level in a month or so. I have started doing some flips and inverted last time out. It really wasnt that hard.

Ken Jackson

Not hard at all. problem is always the unexpected. My last crash was just that. I rolled when I should have flipped and found myself tail out. last time I did that I just rotated 90 and kept flying. This time I panicked and crash. have it all back together but have a vibration I cant seem to locate. dont want to fly it hard until i do.
Ken

Top Bottom