What Did You Do Today???

mudbogger

This post is a little late, but life has been busy…Anyways over the last 2-3 days I got my radio software updated, re-bound some airplanes, and learned how to mix the elevator and flaps on the carbon cub. I’ve been thru the process before, but with the new update, some screens looked different and it kinda made me nervous lol.

Made a honest attempt to get everything ready for flying Saturday, just to see on the weather channel that rain was supposed to be moving in for awhile that day…So of course, after work conditions were a little on the higher side of humid, but still sunny out and NOT raining - and I was without a airplane :(. Still though with the weather being nice I made the trek over to my local flying field, got to spend the afternoon learning more about giant scale airplanes, and still got to enjoy watching others fly around.

I also went ahead and ordered what I’m considering to be my winter project / 2023 flying season build…A Flex Innovations RV-8 70cc (35%). It should arrive this coming week, but it’s going to take me awhile to get parts bought and everything set up properly. One thing that has me confused is trying to wrap my head around running 2 Spektrum receivers in the airplane? I’ve heard of Futaba pilots flying that way but haven’t tried it myself, ever…

Tony

Staff member
Man, it's been so super busy for the longest time now. Hardly have any time to do anything anymore and I do apologize that I'm not on here more than I am. Work is just kicking my butt one day after the next. And on my days off, I have so much other stuff that I need to get done, there just isn't any time for other things. I have a couple large projects that are in the works, one is directly related to this site, and I definitely have not forgot about it. Have the box looking at me every day reminding me how busy I am lol, and the other one is indirectly related to this site (one that I have talked about a lot on this channel). Both of these I'm going to try to find some time to start, but also need a lot of money for each as well. For one particular person, I have not forgot, just super busy at this time.

Just a little update for those that have been wondering. Seems the older you get, the less time you have lol.

Geena

Staff member
Hey y`all. Sorry I have not been here for a while. Aaron and I have been really busy, and preoccupied for the past few months. We just bought a new house, and we have been dealing with the wonderful things that go along with it. We`re all settled in now, and things are getting back to normal. So I should have more time for the hobby again.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Congratulation to you and Aaron on your purchase that's awesome! :party: and :welcome1:to home ownership. It's not cheap, what isn't nowadays but you can call it yours :). Good luck and enjoy.

Geena

Staff member
Congratulation to you and Aaron on your purchase that's awesome! :party: and :welcome1:to home ownership. It's not cheap, what isn't nowadays but you can call it yours :). Good luck and enjoy.
Thanks. We owned the old house too, but we just decided that we wanted a change. Bigger better house in a nicer and quieter neighborhood. Nothing but old farts (like us) around. lol.

Tony

Staff member
I have seen a trend here lately. Why are react videos of react videos a things now? React videos themselves are okay, such as "Uncle Roger" and the like. But there are others that are doing react videos to the "Uncle Roger" videos. A react video of a react video.... Maybe they should watch "Pimp My Ride"....

Geena

Staff member
I have seen a trend here lately. Why are react videos of react videos a things now? React videos themselves are okay, such as "Uncle Roger" and the like. But there are others that are doing react videos to the "Uncle Roger" videos. A react video of a react video.... Maybe they should watch "Pimp My Ride"....
I have noticed that too, and I think it`s kinda lame. especially the guy who wears those 1980s safety googles in his videos. What a dork!....LMBO.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well over the weekend I happen to burn up the Mobula whoop :waa:I had it for around 3yrs now. I wasn't going to purchase another because 1) the price has gone up and 2) I really can use the money for something else. I had too much fun flying that whoop around, in/out of the house plus our pineapple green cheek conure loves that whoop that I had to order another one today but a newer version than the one I had HappyModel BNF 1S Mobula 7 Whoop - Choose VersionELRS

mudbogger

Today was another adventure out at the flying field...Got the Yak-54 flown about 12 times so far. The engine in it is a RCGF Stinger 20-RE (20cc gas) and still needs some more time to be fully broken in, but its getting there. Finally got to test the flap/elevator mix on the Carbon Cub this evening, and they worked quite well. So I'm not going to adjust them anymore unless necessary. Both planes are flying well. As for the RV-8, it is here! Awaiting patiently to be put together. I believe I have everything for it now parts wise...And if I tried hard enough, I could get to fly it this season, but my gut-reaction is to wait and build it over winter :thumbsup: .

Tony

Staff member
Y'all it has been crazy around here. The last couple of weeks has been challenging. To start out with, I still have large projects that I need to complete, including the new helicopter build, trust me, I have not forgot about that. Just have not had any time to do anything with it.

I promise when I start the helicopter build, it will be on video somewhere, not sure where yet. I also have another project that I think you all will like and again, there will be video of the build. This second one is a long term project that the wife and I are working on so once it gets kicked off, there should be a lot of updates on it.

So the wife was offered a new, higher position at her work, and she accepted this position. I ended up getting a raise, pretty significant raise just for showing up to work lol and a week later, I was also accepted for a promotion to a different division which came with it's own pay raise. For the wife and I both, increase in pay comes with increase in the work you have to do and both of us have been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

So this weekend for me (Friday and Saturday) are all about getting things caught up. I have not done a water change on the saltwater tank in 3 weeks and that is a must do tomorrow (er, today lol). So I will be doing a 20% water change on that tank and just general cleaning.

I'm not sure if I posted this here or not, but on my sim rig (sim racing) I run a 3900x and I had my 2070 super on it. I decided it was time for an upgrade and EVGA had a mega sale on the 3080ti, so I jumped on it. This means my 2070 Super went to my desk with the 5600G CPU (I got an APU for a reason, but it's kind of null now lol). On my sim rig, I had an issue where the computer would not POST if the power was turned on (power strip) and left on for over 20 seconds. Flat would not post. You had to hit the reset button. Well, I thought it was the motherobard (gigabyte) and that was not the issue. I even sent it in for RMA, and it came back with "yea, nothing wrong with it". And I have not had a single issue with the 3080ti and EVGA 1000w 80+ Titanium PSU. It's been flawless. And only 2 items went to my desk PC

So at my desk, I have the 5600G CPU with the 2070 Super and the PSU from the sim rig. Well guess what, the no post issue went to the desk. There are only two common denominators, the PSU and the GPU. So with as much as I liked the PSU in the sim rig, I purchased another one for the desk being almost positive that this was the issue with the no post issue. I mean it was either the PSU or the GPU, and lets face it, no post issues, it's the PSU..... WRONG!

I have started to have a new issue of freezes or hang-up's every now and then, and only one time did I have a complete lockup where I had to hit the reset button. So I just said enough is enough, it's time for another new GPU. So I started shopping and honestly I was just looking for something like a 3060 or 3070. However, even though the stock has increased (mostly Gigabyte, which their GPU's are not the greatest), I wanted EVGA and kept looking. Then it was announced that EVGA will no longer be making GPU's.... Sadge...

Well, there was one GPU that was on a sale for $900 off, and I just said the heck with hit and pulled the trigger. I will put it this way, my desk computer is getting ready to be severely CPU bound..... I will post more about this when I get everything installed and see if the GPU was my issue. I mean, it has to be. It's the ONLY other item that came from the rig. New motherboard, new CPU, new M.2 drive, new PSU, new cooler, new fans, new case, NEW EVERYTHING, except the GPU. So it was time.

I just wanted to make this post to let you all know, I am still around, just the wife and I are busier than ever but quite happy with the new positions that both of us have taken, it's just going to take a while to know exactly what kind of time we will have. More her than I, but still having to do more on my end as well. So stay tuned as there are a lot of updates that are coming soon once we get some other things worked out. And again, apologies for my absence.

Tony

Staff member
Well over the weekend I happen to burn up the Mobula whoop :waa:I had it for around 3yrs now. I wasn't going to purchase another because 1) the price has gone up and 2) I really can use the money for something else. I had too much fun flying that whoop around, in/out of the house plus our pineapple green cheek conure loves that whoop that I had to order another one today but a newer version than the one I had HappyModel BNF 1S Mobula 7 Whoop - Choose VersionELRS

That looks like a nice Whoop there Ivan. Hope to see some video from is soon. What exactly happened to the old one? You know me, I like to tinker with electronics. Need details lol.

Today was another adventure out at the flying field...Got the Yak-54 flown about 12 times so far. The engine in it is a RCGF Stinger 20-RE (20cc gas) and still needs some more time to be fully broken in, but its getting there. Finally got to test the flap/elevator mix on the Carbon Cub this evening, and they worked quite well. So I'm not going to adjust them anymore unless necessary. Both planes are flying well. As for the RV-8, it is here! Awaiting patiently to be put together. I believe I have everything for it now parts wise...And if I tried hard enough, I could get to fly it this season, but my gut-reaction is to wait and build it over winter :thumbsup: .
There is nothing better than a good winter project that you can take your time and build. As I mentioned in the post above, I have a few projects, and one is directly related to RC with a new helicopter build. It's nice to just take your time, and slowly build it. Of course, if the build is pretty easy and setup goes fast, then you have to wait longer to fly it lol. So a little nice catch 22 for you there lol. Of course, we need pictures!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That looks like a nice Whoop there Ivan. Hope to see some video from is soon. What exactly happened to the old one? You know me, I like to tinker with electronics. Need details lol.
That's funny because I'm getting a collection of electronics, even the first whoop that died, and sending them to you for tinkering.

Tony

Staff member
Well today (er, yesterday now...) I did a minor upgrade to my desk computer.

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_a31dc24a-4960-41f7-9321-7cb05741460e.jpg

So far, no issues with POST or freezing. And bonus, my 2070 Super is still under warranty, so I want to send it in to see if I can get a new one or this one repaired before EVGA has no more stock to warranty... Just hope my 3080ti in my sim rig doesn't die. But, they are supposed to be keeping stock back for the next 3 years (forecasted).

So whatcha think of my small upgrade?

Tony

Staff member
Not sure what happened to the Auto SSL I have setup on the site, but it did not auto update today and caused a certificate error (expired). It's renewed now, and should be good. Apologies about that, still looking into the logs. I think some of the kernel updates may have changes something that I had to install yesterday evening.

Top Bottom