Learn How To Fly W/ The Rc-help Trainer. Build & Fly Guide

Tony

Staff member
You can use 6mm Depron without a problem. As I stated in your PM, make sure you use spars to brace it.

The difference is depron is a much stiffer foam, but because is has no paper backing on both sides, it is more fragile and will break without supports installed. If you can get 6mm Depron, it will be better in the long run with where you are located.

Oldensly

Tony: I am having trouble with #3 wing. I removed and extra 1/4" of paper from the foamboard and it still does not want to come over like you show. What am I doing wrong??
The plane is exceptionally well designed and shows the work that you have done.
Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
Can you post a picture, or better yet, a video, of what it is doing or not doing? I have always just removed the paper from teh inside which allows the foam to crush resulting in a smooth leading edge. Let me know what issue you are having exactly and I will help you out.

Oldensly

Tony: I just bent the top of the wing over and it didn't break! I am totally new to foamboard and it doesn't work like anything else. Thanks for your assistance with the wing!

Tony

Staff member
Hey Mike, the first motor is a little under powered for a plane of this size. The second motor being 300 watts should do just fine though. It is a little heavy, but for the V1, which is tail heavy, can use more weight on the nose to balance out. As for an ESC, that motor is pulling 40 amps, so I would go at least 40 amps. Of course this will depend on the prop you put on the motor, which there are no suggestions.

There are also kits available on places like Banggood. Below is a link to a search on their site with some options.

motor esc combo plane - Buy motor esc combo plane with free shipping | Banggood Shopping USA

Tony

Staff member
That motor may be too small. at 26 amps running a 3s, that is around 288 watts. It may still fly the plane, but it will be doing just about all it can do to get it in the air. Once in the air, it should be fine as this plane likes to float.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Blade, I do apologize for the link not working. We updated the site a while back, and when we did, the article section was broke and I have not had time to fix it, or reupload everything to the new article section that I have setup.

I am trying to work on it this weekend to see if I can get some of the most popular threads up, but I need to locate my old backups first lol. Soooo many files, so little time.

If you have any questions about the plane, post up and hopefully I won't over look it. Happy to help where I can.

And thank you Randy for posting that link to the playlist.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, I have updated the first post with the correct link, and it is now linked to a new article that is copied over from the old site. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Top Bottom