Learn How To Fly W/ The Rc-help Trainer. Build & Fly Guide

Varun

Re: Article: Learn How To Fly w/ The Rc-Help Trainer. Build & Fly Guide

Tony unable to download the plan please mail me the plan please.
varun9930529451@gmail.com

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Tony unable to download the plan please mail me the plan. Any one else can also mail me please if possible.
Varun9930529451@gmail.com
All letters are small letters

jacktores69

to everyone that has been helping me and sending me videos and plans,thanks for all the help, sorry it taken so long to reply, I really appreciate it.

Sammy786

Hi tony
I have I finally got time to work on the plane I'm up to mounting my motor and the motor you advised me to get from hobby king is the turnigy 2830-1000 the problem ist that the shaft is on the other side so the motor wouldn't stick out like the one on Urs can I have the motor inside the plane and have the shaft outside that way the motor wouldn't get hot ?
Thanks mate :)

- - - Updated - - -

The maroon in black motor.

jacktores69

Hi tony
I have I finally got time to work on the plane I'm up to mounting my motor and the motor you advised me to get from hobby king is the turnigy 2830-1000 the problem ist that the shaft is on the other side so the motor wouldn't stick out like the one on Urs can I have the motor inside the plane and have the shaft outside that way the motor wouldn't get hot ?

- - - Updated - - -

as long as there is enough air flow, it shouldn't get too hot.

Tony

Staff member
Hi tony

- - - Updated - - -

Can you post a link to the motor? I can't seem to find it again. It's been a wicked busy month.

Sammy786

Tony

Staff member
The first motor, if I'm thinking right, you can loosen the grub screws on the motor and actually slide the shaft the other way. In the picture, you can see the shaft sticking out just a hair. I think you can move it to put the prop adapter on it on either side. And make sure to use some green thread lock when you put the adapter on. It's like green, but thinner and a little stronger. It's what is used to hold bearings in a very tight tolerance area. Perfect for this.

The second motor may work, but you are going to be stressing the motor. Only way to know is to put it on and fly for two to three minutes and bring it down to check the motor/esc temp (which you should do to every new plane until you know what it's going to do).

But try moving that shaft. I think that will take care of the issue.

Sammy786

Thanks mate your a life saver.
By green you mean green lock tide?
I have the red colour lock tide but I be out to the hard wear
Shop tomorrow to get the green one.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, however loctite is a brand name, which is actually thread locker. But yes, the green stuff is what you want for close tolerance areas.

Bob G

Hello Tony, Took the list of electronics to LHS, he told me he's been building planes for many years and said these we're way to much for this light of plane. Of course I've seen the vids of this flying and told him so. It's as if he didn't want to sell me the items. Instead this what he handed me, and me being a noob at building and wanting to save a few $'s:
Rimfire GPMG4500 brushless motor, 1000 rpm/volt weight 45g
Talon 15 brushless ESC = 4 S max
1300mah 7.4V 2S 20C battery
7.5 gram DS57 digital servo's
Spectrum 4 ch RX.
Now I'm not the sharpest tack in the bag as you can tell (lol), but since I'm going to use 2 servo's for aile, 1 for elev and 1 for rudder wouldn't I need at least a 5 channel RX. From what I've been reading using 2 servo for aile right side goes into aile and left goes to aux 1, correct? Unless something can be done with mix in TX I don't see how a 4 ch RX will work. Using DX8 TX. Don't yell at me for not following your instructions.

Tony

Staff member
Actually, the Rimfire motors are very strong. 45g will get you by, just check that temp every now and then. And when it gets hot, take it back to him and say "I told him so" hahaha.

You should be fine quite honestly.

As for the ailerons, set them up on a Y harness. That should get you going.

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you double check the movement of the servos before gluing them down. I think (don't quote me on this, it's been a while since I setup a Y) you need to either face the fronts together or apart to get the correct travel. When you reverse the aileron, you will be reversing both of them at once. IMO, I would take the 4ch back and get a 6 channel Rx so you cna run dual aileron. Much easier to setup IMO as long as you have the right Tx to go with it that supports different wing types.

callsign4223

Staff member
If you are using a dx8 you don't need a y harness. You will just plug on servo into the ail port and the other into the aux1 port. Then go into your mixing menus and set it up for dual ailerons.

Bob G

I am using a DX8 . I'm an hr & 1/2 from a hs so I ordered a y harness via land line. I'm thinking 1 servo will have to be set opposite from the other. If that won't work then I'll exchange RX when I take motor back for next size larger. Thanks for your support.

Bob G

Hello Tony,
Few problems with electronics on this bird. I'm using a Rimfire 400 brushless motor along with Electrify Silver Series 25 amp ESC, Spectrum 4 CH RX, E Flight 7.5 gram sub micro helicopter servo's (EFLRDS75H) and a 2 cell 1300 mAh battery (kind of low I know) but will switch to a 3S later. All of my servo's are moving without any input from TX. Battery is charged and my antenna is far away as possible from ESC. My motor rus full throttle most of the time even on low stick. Do you have any ideas what I might try to straighten this mess out. Thank you sir.

Top Bottom