500 Align Trex 500-XT

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Let me say it this way. the leading edge should be on the side with the blade grip arm. The leading edge should rotate up into the rotor wash if that makes sense.

Attachments

• IMG_2343.jpg
    IMG_2343.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 2

Rob Lancaster

Let me say it this way. the leading edge should be on the side with the blade grip arm. The leading edge should rotate up into the rotor wash if that makes sense.
On the tail blades, is the trailing edge facing the front or the back?

Yup the blades are correct.
I think, I just need to go very slow on the throttle up because of more torque and power. But then again, I've been wrong before,,,, no,no it's true...

I did set it down on the grass and start her up to see what would happen. it did quite well, no spin this time. Hummm...... I know the ground drag is responsible, but still, sometimes it's to sharp on the rudder.. I think...
Keep it coming guys..... We're get'n there...................

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
There is one thing that might help that if it bothers you. If you have the LCD program box you can set the startup time up to 25 seconds for a super slow start. Not as soft as a Kontronik controller but still a gentle soft start. Less stress on the gears as well...

Rob Lancaster

There is one thing that might help that if it bothers you. If you have the LCD program box you can set the startup time up to 25 seconds for a super slow start. Not as soft as a Kontronik controller but still a gentle soft start. Less stress on the gears as well...
Thanks Fran, yeah, I had my start time set to 15 so I changed it to 25.
Also, in the Microbeast's parameter menu, I reset menu J, (slow spool up rate) to 50 rps. Seems to help a lot. And again, when put on the grass, no problem this time. Ok, I think I'm ready to take her off the leash and see what happens. :nevreness:

Rob Lancaster

Hi Rod, are you using the BeastX governor or the ESC governor? Just wondering..
I forgot to state that I'm using the ESC governor. Does this matter? Which one is better to use? Still haven't flown her yet. I was busy fix'n car's........
Thanks bro............

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well, it's a whole other subject but if you ask, most pros tell you the FBL controller governors are faster and more acuate. But the BeastX gov is a bit of a pain to set up. IMO the ESC governor, especially HW and Kontronik for us sport fliers is more than adequate. Since you've unlocked the pro version, maybe down the road you could play with it but for now, get her in the air..... Cheers!

Rob Lancaster

Well, it's a whole other subject but if you ask, most pros tell you the FBL controller governors are faster and more acuate. But the BeastX gov is a bit of a pain to set up. IMO the ESC governor, especially HW and Kontronik for us sport fliers is more than adequate. Since you've unlocked the pro version, maybe down the road you could play with it but for now, get her in the air..... Cheers!
Excellent!!!
We're clear to unleash her.
I'll take her up soon, if the wind dies a bit...
Thanks buddy...........

Top Bottom