500 Align Trex 500-XT

Rob Lancaster

Ok guys how's this for a little chuckle...
I reset the Control Style to normal and removed all expo/DR from the TX. Now I have no cyclic control at all, just pitch. :biggrin1: What do you think I screwed up on?? :bellyroll:

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well, that's a head scratcher.... Only thing I could think of is if you added dual rate and expo while the control style was set to one of the presets, the controller can see this as stick inputs. Check the monitor screen on the transmitter and be sure everything moves as it should there, and servo travel is set to 100+100-. Of course, be sure the swash type is set to "1 servo normal". Then power cycle the microbeast and see. You may have to go back though it to be safe. Thats strange for sure.
T

Rob Lancaster

Well, that's a head scratcher.... Only thing I could think of is if you added dual rate and expo while the control style was set to one of the presets, the controller can see this as stick inputs. Check the monitor screen on the transmitter and be sure everything moves as it should there, and servo travel is set to 100+100-. Of course, be sure the swash type is set to "1 servo normal". Then power cycle the microbeast and see. You may have to go back though it to be safe. Thats strange for sure.
T
Ok everything is set right, but what do you mean, power cycle the beast?

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Right, just turn it off and then back on after a minute or two. Youve probably already done that. Hard to say without actually seeing it but it's like something you did the controller didn't like and corrupted the setup. If you can't get it back its easy enough to just re-do the whole setup. Not wroth losing the heli IMO. Just the basic setup I mean.

Rob Lancaster

Right, just turn it off and then back on after a minute or two. Youve probably already done that. Hard to say without actually seeing it but it's like something you did the controller didn't like and corrupted the setup. If you can't get it back its easy enough to just re-do the whole setup. Not wroth losing the heli IMO. Just the basic setup I mean.
Yup my thoughts exactly. I somehow messed up the setup. Sounds like Rob, ha!
Ok, will do.
Thanks.................

Rob Lancaster

Now when in the setup menu, I can cycle through the menu points buy pushing the button but when moving the rudder stick to adjust, nothing happens. The LED stays the same. I wonder is a reset to default would help, or will it wipe out all the RX and parameter settings as well? :sorrow:

Rob Lancaster

NO, NO, forget all that. It seems that the motor needs to be plugged in before any programming can occur. I'm now going to finish up the setup menu and let you know. :hdbng:

Rob Lancaster

Well it was going good, until now.
Ok, now I have everything going in the right direction, suddenly I lose tail pitch control in NORMAL and Flight Mode 1.
Ready for this one.. But if I'm on throttle hold, the tail pitches normally in all modes.. :dunno:
I'm starting to think I have a glitch in the TX and I should delete the 500XTs plank and rewrite it, What do you guys think???

Last edited:
Top Bottom