HOW-TO Configure Phoenix Flight Simulator - by Marius S

pavotibio

Hey Marius. Great tutorial!
See, after having the Simulator model in my DX7S reset to default, and set up again with Phoenix I haven't been able to get negative pitch in Idle Up. I must have missed something but I cannot remember what. So, I asked Tony and he linked me to this post. I followed all your instructions but still nothing. Any clue?
Hope you or anyone else who might be able to help me see this soon.
Cheers

Tony

Staff member
Did you recalibrate the Tx in the sim? Make sure you have a linear pitch and throttle curve, your throttle hold is OFF and your idle up is OF then recalibrate again. Also make sure you are NOT on any dual rates. Everything needs full throws.

Westy

LEGEND
Also .... make sure you have correctly MAPPED the switch to the Idle Up function ..... in My Video I show you how to do this ... I only had one switch that would work as the Sim would not pick up any other channels ... SO have it set up with Down mapped to Throttle hold.... Up .... was set as Idle up.

Here is my Vid .... hope it solves your issue

How to Set up Spektrum DX7-SE with PhoenixRC - Complete guide - YouTube

AS soon as I get my DX7s.... Doing a Complete setup with that is on the planning table !!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Westy, that was on a DX7 though, not a DX7s. There was a lot of things that you had to do to get your 7 to work which the 7s users don't have to do. As long as it's selected in the setup that you are using a DX7s, everything should go smoothly.

stokke

I would suspect the mapping to be wrong. The easiest way to check this is during the calibration. When you flick the TH-switch, you should see one of the "sense bars" move - if not you might want to re-map the TH. Or just reset that model on your Tx.

pavotibio

I've done everything by the book. When I bought the sim I set it up by myself and had no problems. But since the reset two days ago, something went wrong since I still cannot get negative pitch. Of course, I re calibrated my TX, created new transmitter configs, and checked like a zillion times the mapping which in my case is as follows.
xz0k.jpg

The thing is that in normal flight mode, when flipping, I get - pitch but when switching to Idle Up, it changes to positive again.
Gotta take my kid to school now. I'll give you more details later.
Thanks

Graham Lawrie

Open up detailed and see what is ticked in there. Is it a heli or plane you are flying? There may be settings in detailed tab that need reversing or are not set up right:)

Westy

LEGEND
if you click on the Details tab....... can you show us the pic of the mappings and how you have it sorted there? What switch have you got assigned to Throttle hold?

pavotibio

Here's the pic of the details:
ep7.png

If I flip the heli while in normal mode and move the Throttle down, I have neg pitch but of course no motor. Then I switch the F-Mode switch which activates the Idle up Throttle curve, but the pitch goes back to positive......so I'm lost. The switch works fine with my real helis.
The switch assigned to Throttle hold is the mix/hold one.

stokke

Do you have a designated "simulator" model on your transmitter (as per my guide)? If so, are you sure that model is activated when trying to fly?

Have you checked your pitch curve on your Tx?

pavotibio

Do you have a designated "simulator" model on your transmitter (as per my guide)? If so, are you sure that model is activated when trying to fly?

Have you checked your pitch curve on your Tx?

Yes, I have one model selected to use with the sim and yes, the pitch curves are the same you suggested in your guide. Everything is supposed to be as it was before resetting the model. I ran out of ideas. I even checked my TX thinking it might be a problem with the switch itself but it works fine. Someone told me to reinstall the sim but I dont think that'll solve the issue since I have tried in three different computers and nothing.

pavotibio

So your Idle Up pitch curve is: 0-25-50-75-100, correct?

That is correct, Marius. I created a model according to your guide and anotherone the way I had done it before. Same problem in both sim helis.
You know what? I´ll uninstall and reinstall the whole thing and reset the sim models one more time and see what happens.
Thanks, I'll let u know.

Tony

Staff member
Your mapping is off. The first two can NOT be on the same channel. Make sure you are setting up a heli model for helicopter flying. I have two models in my DX8, one for planes, one for heli's. The picture below is my mapping of my helicopter. As you can see, engine is channel 1, and collective is channel 6.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

pavotibio

You have no curves set up. Click the box under curve on the throttle tab and select V curve:)

I set up the curves in my radio. Gonna try doing it in the sim too.
Thanks Graham

- - - Updated - - -

Your mapping is off. The first two can NOT be on the same channel. Make sure you are setting up a heli model for helicopter flying. I have two models in my DX8, one for planes, one for heli's. The picture below is my mapping of my helicopter. As you can see, engine is channel 1, and collective is channel 6.

Gonna copy your settings and let you know what happens.
Thanks Tony.

pavotibio

Uhm...how can you choose what you assign to each channel? After calibrating, the available channels are already chosen by the sim.

Westy

LEGEND
This Should not be that hard...... reset your Sim model on you TX

I don't change any settings at all on my Tx..... NOTHING.... no maxing out and moving back ... none of that.

Delete any Tranmitter profiles you have set up on the Simulator.

create a single servo ACRO model call it sim (or whatever you like)...

Anyway ...... you know what to do :) You guys have this all under control.

In the Detailed menu as in your above (you have simple selected) what is assigned on your Idle up .... and does it fill with orange when you select it?
detailed.jpg

Make sure you do not have Throttle hold set up on the same operation ie. both actually working when you operate those controls.... you may have has cross channel mixing

idleup.jpg

So when your Idle up switch is selected .... the Idle up panel as in the above pic should light up completely in orange. (NOTE: I have mine selected as keyboard "0" as I am only using a 4 channel Tx until my Dx7s is here )

If it does not ..... click on the drop down of the Mapping for the ID1 field and click your Tx ID1 on and off ....and see which channel goes on and off and select that channel.

Selet apply and you should be good to go.

detailed.jpg

idleup.jpg

Last edited:

pavotibio

My previous question was made cuz of the fact that after calibrating the TX with Phoenix, only 4 channels activate, which are ELE, AIL, THRO, and RUDD. That is why I had set pitch in the same channel as THRO.
I'm suspecting the interface cable I'm using with the sim might be defective. It's not the original cuz my dog took care of that one yet, it's the same I had been using before this problem. Anyway, I ordered a brand new original one to horizon h.
Thanks guys.

Top Bottom