HOW-TO Configure Phoenix Flight Simulator - by Marius S

Westy

LEGEND
I tried all of the instructions on my DX7-s and got no channels working on the SIM except the 4 for joy stick. The only way I could get another channel to work ... was to change my model type to ACRO and did not touch anything..... and went to calibrate and wound Channel 7 on the Screen was responding on the gear switch.

Not sure what is going on .... tried reseting models ... copying a non touched model to the model 2 and went through it all again ..... still nothing .... Followed the first post on this thread to the T ..... but could not get a 5th channel at all.

Westy

LEGEND
yep .... I have a brand new DX7s andn it is not doing what the Tutorial is saying it should do. Followed to the letter and no 5th channel operational. Until I just tried ACRO and did nothing else .... and all of a sudden the Gear channel was the only one that responded as an extra channel.

SO I have got it working .... but I thought you were able to actually use the Designated Correct F mode and TH switches..... Obviously not.

Tony

Staff member
I guess it could have been for both. But you answering it says that it works without doing it. I can't remember what I did when I hooked my DX8 up, but I remember having to change some things.

Westy

LEGEND
OK .... UP date ......!!!!

It is the 12 n 1 simulator that is doing it ..... I can get it sorted with al the correct functions and switches working with the Cable connected .... but not the Orange RX.

Got Fmode Setup with
Flight mode: F Mode
Hold: Hold

and in Sw Select .... I have
F Mode: AUX 2
and
HOLD: Gear

all works perfectly with those setings.....

that is with the cable in ....... but as soon as you switch to the Wireless mode .... it all goes to heck!

only way I can get one channel to work on a switch in that method (Wireless) is by going ACRO setup as discussed previously

Westy

LEGEND
I have never .... used the cable ... always used my Rx .... as had the only Spektrum that did not have a Trainer port with a PPM signal (DX7-SE)

Glad I am up for a challenge and enjoy trouble shooting! SOLVED!

pavotibio

Guys, today I received my new interface cable for the Phoenix sim and I finally made the Idle Up work thus, I can fly inverted again....conclusion, my old cable was broken inside.
The funny thing is thet I couldnt make it work with Marius' tutorial which is the way I set it up the 1st time I got the sim: It was Westy´s way the one that work. I guess the key point is the part where you set the switches as follows:

SWITCH SELECT
F-Mode=Aux2
Hold=Gear
F-MODE
F mode and Hold are inhibited

Now I can get back to practice...especially after having crashed my 250 because I wanted to show off performing a flip in front of a bunch of beauties that were looking at me. LOL
One more time, thanks to everyone here in the forum. Each one of your advices made me learn a little more.

Mauricio (Pavotibio)

Westy

LEGEND
yep .... I had the Exact same issue. So did lot of experimenting to get it to work ... .then reset a number of times to test out my theory. Mine worked with Fmode and Hold INHIBITED TOO ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Lets Fly!!!!! SIM SIM SIM !!!!!

Last edited:

boz

What a brilliant setup guide, i have been struggling with my dx8 for a week now this guide has helped me to finally get some flight time in on my phoenix 5/ thank you very much, boz :agree:

georgej

Hello,

I am new to the forum and am hoping someone can provide a solution to a setup problem I am having with my DX8. I had the sim set up and working with version 4 and my DX8 on a laptop. After being away from the sim and flying for a couple of years due to a remodeling project, i loaded the sim on a faster PC with larger better resolution monitor. I now have the sim at v5.0.w. I have attempted to set up the DX8 repeatedly and no matter how many times I get the same result (I know the definition of insanity). Each time after following the set up process I get to my fixed wing and find that the minute I plug into the DX8 the ailerons and rudder both go to max right. I have checked and rechecked to no avail. My guess is one switch setting is incorrect, but am hoping someone has some help. Thanks.

georgej

Sorry about the delay, but the DX8 battery was dead. I was relatively certain that I had done the calibration several times, but actually just redid it. It is all good except at the end the instructions talk of the throttle stick moving more than 2 bars. Mine does and I am trying to determine how to disable swashplate mix as the instructions suggest, but the set up manual and my brain are not using the same language.

Tony

Staff member
In the system setup menu, to into swash type and set it to 1 servo 90º. This will disable the swash mixing. And I'm not sure what you mean by 2 bars on the throttle. Never heard that, or don't remember.

Top Bottom