General need help with trex 450

Tony

Staff member
If you want spare parts, get the HK450GT. That is what you have now. If you are wanting something better, and you don't want to hear this but I'm going to tell you anyway, get the Align 450 DFC Super Combo. I know, it's more money, but the Align Super Combo, you are paying for the electronics and getting the helicopter for FREE. I will never again buy a clone helicopter. Align is the lowest I will go from now on.

taaron777

I got the 450 gt belt driven. More in my price range. Plus I'm a beginner to cp. I've only had practice hovering the master cp, so I figured the flybar would be more my speed.

murankar

Staff member
Yes the flybar will be easier to set up in the long run. In the long run it will cost more.

I personally feel the flybar is better for learning. A lot less setup for reward. Let us know what electrics you need i have stuff for sale that is top notch for cheap.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Getting that belt tail was a good call. When you get it, just let us know if you need any help with it. That is what we are here for.

taaron777

It'll be here next week. I'll be sure to utilize your help. Thanks alot!! I didn't know if I was coming or going until I met you guys

taaron777

I have the motor, esc, three servos, a walkera devo 7, and walkera six axis gyro rx combo. I know I need a tail servo. Anything I'm missing?

Tony

Staff member
If you are going to run a flybar, you do NOT want to run that gyro. You will want to get something like the Align GP790. And get a good tail servo like the Align DS525. If you spend money anywhere on a helicopter, spend it on the tail. If your tail is not solid, you will never fully learn how to fly it. Instead, you will be fighting it.

murankar

Staff member
I know Tony mentioned the the Align GP720, its a tried and true gyro that works. I started with the Assan GA250 which I never got to fully work. I upgraded to a JR 370 3D (i think, it might be a 270) with the Align DS520 tail servo and my tail locked right in. That combo is what I have for sale, Its currently in route to me since I just recently moved and will be here on monday. The only other thing is a Walkera rx that will bind with the Devo 7.

Tony

Staff member
Actually, it was the Align GP790. I do believe that is the latest tail only gyro that Align came out with.

Slobberdog

Probably the best alternative to the Align GP790 is the Spartan Quark which is a great little gyro,

But for certain you will want to go for a Mems gyro,

The Align Ds 525m servo would be a great choice to go with either of the Align or Spartan gyros.

murankar

Staff member
The flybar is the 3 axis gyro so you wont need that on your kit. If b you used it the gyro would be fighting the flybar and cause some funky things to happen.

taaron777

Are there any cheaper gyros than the gp790? I can upgrade later.

- - - Updated - - -

Still just gaining knowledge. Would it be possible to use just the tail of my existing gyro? I promise that's the last gyro question until my kit and servo gets here.

Slobberdog

I don't think any fly bar less gyros have the ability to turn off a set axis, you really need to get a tail gyro like been listed above, or change the head to a fly bar less head, which will be an even bigger learning curve,

You can pick up good second hand deals on gyros on eBay and in the forums, there are a good number of American based forums to look at the classifieds on,

taaron777

Don't misunderstand me. I'm getting one of the gyros they listed. I can't enjoy the hobby if I don't know the doos and don'ts. And I have to know why they are do's and don'ts. Knowledge is the key

Tony

Staff member
below is the link to one that I highly suggest. I forgot all about linking you to this one when you made yoru last order.

The reason you can't run a FBL gyro with a flybar is because they will be fighting each other. Using your gyro and ONLY plugging in the rudder might work, but why take that chance. This gyro is less than $15, or should be shipped and I had great luck with mine. I need to get another one so that I can put my SE V2 back in the air.

Oh, and by the way, I have upgraded my tail block to the V3 design and everything on my tail is Align. Really need to get an Align head for my helicopter, but they don't have it in black lol.

Here is the link to the gyro.
Radio Control Planes, Helicopters, Cars, Boats, FPV and Quadcopters - Hobbyking 

murankar

Staff member
Like i have said i have a jr 270 3d for sale and it is just as good as the gp790. I am also including a tail servo that i know works with it. All you would need is some 3m grey double sided sticky tape.

Its a rock solid gyro that will work from a 250 to a 600 sized heli. Look in the for sale section for the details.

Top Bottom