Off Topic Chit Chat

Geena

Staff member
Anybody subscribe to rc heli pilot? I have been unable to reach them and haven't received my first printed copy since my subscription in Dec. ..I feel like they may be Out for the count???and I'm out some bucks.
I subscribe to RC Heli Pilot, but they are going out of business. So we won`t be getting anymore printed issues from them. :(

They did mention that new owners will be taking over, and that the magazine will be available in digital format soon though.

I copied this off of their facebook page:

Dear Hobby Followers, Readers and Manufacturers,

Maplegate Media Group and its staff would like to thank you for allowing us to serve your hobby media needs since 2003. Our Titles, RC Driver, Fly RC Magazine, Drones Magazine, RC Heli Pilot, Airsoft Insider, RC Boat and our special titles have been regarded as the best in the industry, but due to the changing forecast in publishing we are unable to continue our print publications.
With that said, our titles have not ceased to exist. The titles are currently in a state of restructure and transfer to new ownership. We will share more details with you as soon as they are available.
We appreciate your patience during this time of restructure and look forward to the new and exciting changes for our digital titles. Greg Vogel, Matt Maziarz, Siri Wheeler, Jeremy Hendricks and the rest of the staff that you’ve followed are eager to continue sharing their passion for the hobby with you for years to come.

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
We heard about the storms on this side of the news. Wondering how close it was to you Tony?

Tony

Staff member
Tornadoes were not that close, but the very high winds and some good size hail was right on top of us. We get to reload tomorrow and do it all over again though.

leedude1

Need to cut down more trees and build more condos....

Hope all is good tony.

We had flooding here in montreal a few weeks ago. ..I've never seen the likes in the past.

Tony

Staff member
This weather is why I love living in Oklahoma. You never know what is going to happen, and you only have a few minutes of warning if anything. Keeps it exciting lol.

RandyDSok

Of course I kept up with things as usual here as well. First with the SPC forecasts to see what the potential we were expecting and then around noon I had a look at the HRRR models to see when things were expected to start firing off. Ran my radar software from 3pm until a bit ago when I finally shut it down. Having the radar software, I usually have at the least a good 10 minute warning if not more if something is heading my way or not.

Like Tony... all I saw was high winds, a bit of hail and lightning this evening. Did a lot of monitoring of the storms west and south of here and was glad I wasn't in either location.... Hmm, I see things ramped back up east of here, there's a couple of tornado warnings active. Everything is starting to bow out, so maybe it'll die back down soon.

Tony

Staff member
I think those tornado warnings are more radar indicated than anything. 99% of the time when a storm bows out like that, it will not produce a tornado. That is not saying that it couldn't, but 3 warning right together is highly unlikely on the leading edge of a bow echo.

Tony

Staff member
Been raining pretty much all day so I have not made it out. I did get woke up with lightning hitting right in my yard this morning though... TWICE!!! Not sure where it hit, again, it's raining and I ain't going out there lol. But, another round of severe storms later this afternoon.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Good luck. I rather deal with a hurricane then a tornado. At least I know when a hurricane is coming :)

Tony

Staff member
Next severe thunderstorm is hitting right now. Getting ready to lose internet.... I hate my ISP...

Tony

Staff member
Overseasoned the ever loving crap out of some fries! And the worst part, that was the last of the fries... Dammit.....

Top Bottom